Wednesday, February 18, 2009

SURPRISE!!!




So we have been waiting for a while to make the announcement but considering I am almost in my fourth month, I guess it's time to tell everyone who doesn't already know (which is pretty much most everyone) that we are pregnant!!! It was a TOTAL shock when we found out considering that we weren't planning or trying for kids just yet, but as the shock has worn off we are getting excited. It all started one day when I wasn't feeling well at work. (Well, to say not feeling well is an understatement.) I thought I had an infection and so went home. I was going to take some medication before I went into the doctor but my doctor had told me a while back that even if I didn't think I was pregnant, I should check before I took this particular medicine. (He gave me enough to last a while) So when I left work sick, I dutifully took a pregnancy test before I took the medicine (which I never ended up taking). It turned up negative just like we thought. That is until I went into the bathroom a couple hours later when I saw it in the garbage can, it was positive! I called to Kelvin and we then read the instructions which we failed to follow before....."wait 3 min". So while we tried to stay calm, we went to the store and got a couple more tests. I took another one the following morning and believe me we waited the full 3 min. It was positive once more. I thought this can't be, my doctors told me I would need to do fertility treatments to have kids and here I am pregnant? So I waited a whole week and on the 9th took another test and sure enough, that pregnant line popped up faster than the other one, no waiting required! I kept saying that they must be wrong and Kelvin would just laugh and say 3 tests were wrong? We made an appointment and they verified the pregnancy with the first prenatal exam. I was really sick when a month and a half struck and it stayed for 4 weeks! I was so nauseous I thought I could die. But it went away after that and I haven't been sick since. Our second appointment we got to see the baby's heart beating. The angle was bad and the baby was hiding so all we saw was the heart beating for just a moment on the ultrasound, but we did see it! That was when things started to feel a little more real to me. Right now I am 12 weeks which is 3 months. They count 5 weeks for the 3rd month before you exit the first trimester, so just 2 more weeks for me and I will be done with the first third of my pregnancy. We figured it was safe enough now to tell people and I probably won't be able to hide it much longer anyway. Crazy!! But we have to face it sooner or later, there will be a little Kelvin or Emilee in the world come Sept 5 of this year!


Can you tell that I am just scared out of my mind in this picture and don't really know what to think or do?

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats! That is very exciting news. Glad to hear you are feeling better. A friend just had a baby and she was sick the entire time. :)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Lisa said...

Yay! I can tell people now! Do you know how hard its been not to tell anyone?! Congrats and we are so excited!! I love the picture.

Heidi said...

Yay! I didn't have a dream about it, so this news was complete surprise! :P

You better not hold out on me when you find out the gender, though! :)

David & Jessica said...

Em- that is the most exciting thing ever! you are going to be the best mom in the world! We need to play soon!

Becky said...

Yay! Yay! Yay!!!! Every baby is such a miracle.

Jennifer said...

Congratulations!! I am so excited for you! What a fun adventure you're going to have...only the best.

Jen said...

Well it is about time that you announced it! I didn't want to say anything just in case somebody didn't know. Congratulations!!!!

theJerm said...

Good job Emilee. Good luck with the child, you and Kelvin are a good fit and will be a good mother and father!