Thursday, March 12, 2009
D&C; It's Not Just About Scripture!!
I tried to get an appointment 1 week after the miscarriage like the midwife wanted but the receptionist wouldn't squeeze me in. I had another appointment originally scheduled that happened to be 2 weeks after everything happened so I decided to wait it out and stuck with that one. Last week was terrible! I had horrible pain, muscle aches, muscle weakness, low grade fever's on and off and other things on top of it all. I missed so much work and school but this week has been a lot better. I was able to go back to work and school and thought things were finally getting back to normal. When I went into my appointment today, things appeared quite the opposite of normal to my midwife. After 2 hours of tests, I was finally released and about 45 minutes later I got a phone call when all the results were in and you guessed it.......I get to have a D&C tomorrow. I know this is a procedure that is done a lot and carries minimal risk to the patient, but I have to say I am a little nervous. I don't know what to expect or what's going to happen. I understand the general idea of it, but don't know any particulars. This is not something I have studied or am that familiar with so I guess I need to do a little homework tonight. At least this will be the end of it all and I should be back on my feet in a few days, or so they say. We are both so ready to have this all done and behind us. I just want to feel good again and am really hoping that this will help that to happen. So watch out, once this is all over those dancing shoes will come on and the party will start!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Good luck! We love you guys!
I've had a D&C before.
You can call or email me (I can't find your email address- yikes) and I can give you the run down on what it will be like and answer any questions if you'd like. thismao@hotmail.com
You're going to be okay :).
Becky
Hope you feel better Emilee! We are thinking of you! I am surprised your doctor wouldn't squeeze you in sooner for something like that!
Post a Comment