Last weekend we went to Bryce Canyon for the end of Spring Break with two of our good friends. We had a blast! None of us had ever been to Bryce Canyon before so we thought this would be a great adventure. Although I have been to Zions National Park many times before, this park was different. They are only about 40-50 miles apart from each other and so I thought that they would have similar features. To my surprise and delight, they were a lot different. We took lots of pictures but like everyone knows, a picture never does justice to the real thing. We set up camp at a KOA that was about 15 min away from the park and because it was still early in the season for campers, we were able to pick our spot. We choose a nice secluded area that was away from everything. We had a beautiful mountain for our scenery and there was nothing else around. It was very peaceful. We went on a couple of small hikes but they turned into adventures as we are "off-roaders" and don't stay on the trail when it is safe to explore elsewhere. The first hike we did this and ended up climbing up the side of the mountain and into some arches for a good photo shoot. The sunscreen was unfortunately forgotten and as consequence would have it, I got fried!! But we meandered along and took our time with everything and just enjoyed being away from the stresses of life. It was a great weekend.
This is Haley and I. She and her husband live above us and love camping almost as much as we do. They jumped at the chance to go to Bryce Canyon. We've become great friends.

This is just some of the gorgeous scenery we saw.

These are some arches we found that we climbed up to. We went up the side of the mountain and let me tell you, it was STEEP! I think I was on my hands and knees all the way up.

The boys made the hike first and we took pictures.

This is the girls when we made it up.

Our Campsite with the awesome background.

I love this picture. It's just sweet.

On a hike along the rim.

This was a game we bought at one of the little grocery stores. It was a lot of fun but it was just some cheap PCV pipe thrown together that ended up breaking after a few games. Good thing is that it's easy to fix!

This rock is called Thor's hammer. This one's for you Roger!

We made a hike to a "Waterfall" and this is what we found. We followed another trail for 30 min thinking we hadn't come to the waterfall yet only to realize that this was the waterfall they were talking about.

The Mossy Caves
5 comments:
So much fun! I'm jealous. :P
Looks like you had a great time! We were down that way too, but we went farther east to Moab and Arches. Last week was perfect for such adventures! Glad you were able to go!!
I love it when you post pictures!! These ones are beautiful! What a great campout, and nice kiss! hehe =) You two and your kissing, gotta love it! I'm so glad you guys had fun, seriously though, great pictures.
ES TAN BUEN0 VERLOS TAN FELICES, ESPERAMOS QUE EL SEÑOR SIGA BENDICIENDO SUS VIDA, UN BESO , MARGOT
Such awesome pictures!! Looks like a lot of fun
Post a Comment