We had our ultrasound yesterday and got the shock of our lives. We are having a GIRL! And now we are asking ourselves....now what? For our entire marriage we really felt like a little boy was going to come first and so did the rest of our family. Now we are left looking like a deer in the headlights! I was so shocked when we were told, that I kind of stopped paying attention to the ultrasound. I ended up asking the lady who did our ultrasound 3 separate times if she was sure it was a girl and she confirmed it for me 3 times while laughing at my shocked expression. I even asked if there was more than one in there because I still could not wrap my head around that thought of having a girl and not a boy.
After we left we both just looked at each other and didn't know what to do. We made a few phone calls to tell our parents the news and then we went to my parents house for some family pictures. My mom was so excited that she bought a headband for a girl and some darling socks. That started to get us a little more ok. Then we pulled down a box of some dresses and clothes that I wore as a baby and they are still in great shape and so cute. It was the little shoes that got to me I must admit. We started to feel better about everything as my family was very excited for us but then when we were driving home we started to feel weird about it all again. It has been hard for me to change how I talk to the baby and about the baby. I would always say "he" is kicking or "he" is very active today and so forth. I haven't fully transversed to "she" yet but I am sure it will come.
As for now, we are just trying to get used to the idea of having a girl. Kelvin set down a rule last night that there will be nothing frilly for the child. I laughed and said that with both our families you really think that we will get away with that one? So here we go.....a little girl. What adventures lie ahead of us!
P.S. We will post pictures of the ultrasound visit on a later post.
5 comments:
Congrats! Let me know if you want to borrow any of my girl stuff, I got tons from other people. We too were in shock to find out we were having a girl. And a boy when we found out with Ethan. Oh the fun for a girl!
A girl!! :D
YAY FOR GIRLS!!!!!!!!!!!
Girls are a lot of fun! There is never a dull moment with our little girl around!
That's great!
Post a Comment