Monday, April 4, 2011

The Girls Are Back In Town!!

With Lydia being so sick this last week, and all the time I've been cooped up I was going crazy!  I felt so bad because I no longer had much patience for anyone including my daughter.  I was so sleep deprived and exhausted of being mommy that Kelvin suggested that I call up Heidi and take off for the weekend.  At first I didn't believe him, but he was serious and so I jumped right on that.  I called Heidi up and we planned a weekend getaway in Salt Lake.  It was going to be Jennifer Heidi and I but Jennifer could only come up that night for dinner. We went to the Cheesecake Factory and had a great meal.  They had so many choices we had a hard time deciding what to eat. 

After the great meal and conversation we got some cheesecake to go and went to catch a movie.  Unfortunately, we didn't make it on time to see the movie.  There was a Jazz/Lakers game that night too and the theater is right by the arena.  We were 15 min late but we were going to see "The Adjustment Bureau" and the guy we were buying tickets from told us that we would have no idea what was going on.  So we took Jennifer back to her car and Heidi and I went to our hotel.  We sat on the bed and ate our overpriced and mediocre cheesecake (surprisingly the cheesecake from the cheesecake factory wasn't all that good) and watched TV.  We went to bed at about 10:45 and slept in until 9:45.  It was pure heaven!!!!!  

I took a shower that morning and decided I didn't want to blow dry my hair so we headed out to a salon and got it cut.  It's cut the same way it was in Texas, but I had let it grow out. I really like long hair and wanted to keep long hair, but it was just being thrown back into a pony tail all the time.  So Heidi and I decided that I should chop it.  I love it and Kelvin loves it which also matters to me. 

We next hit up Arby's for lunch and then the Red Butte Gardens.  That place would be AMAZING in May or the summer, but when we went, there was not much to be seen.  We still walked around and enjoyed ourselves and the exercise.

The last bit of our retreat was a well deserved massage!  We got a 90 min massage for only $57!  I tell you I felt like a million bucks coming out of there.  While my masseuse did go quite hard on my calf  (I ended up with a bruise) it was still worth every penny.  We jetted home from that in time to send the guys off to Priesthood session.  I know a lot of people might judge me for taking off on Conference weekend instead of listening, but I REALLY needed this.  I sharpened my saw and got my head back on straight and am ready to move forward again with life. 




7 comments:

Heidi said...

He he, I like the title you picked for this post. :D ... What a great weekend! And I love how your hair turned out!

Suzi Q said...

Cute blog! It was so good to hear from you today! Your little girl has gotten SOO big! She is a doll!

Jennifer said...

Thanks for the night out! Your haircut looks great. Rarr.

Jen said...

Yay for girls' weekends! The haircut does look really good. And when you have little kids, you don't end up hearing much of conference anyway!:)

Mari said...

Looks like you are having with your friends...

Lisa said...

Sounds like you just got the wrong flavor of cheesecake-I love their cheesecake! And we should totally do massages down here, I could use a break!

Lisa said...

I meant to put that your hair looks super cute!! I love it!