Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Toddler Bed!!!

I finally broke down after a few days of Lydia being able to get out of bed on her own to changing her to a toddler bed.  It was a step I'm not sure I was fully prepared to make and was fighting it for the last 2 days but finally had it today when she would not take a nap.  She kept getting out of bed and playing with her toys but then I wondered if she would actually get back into bed if she could.  I was at my ropes end today though because when she doesn't take a nap, she is a nightmare!!  When Gregory got home from work, we ate dinner and then started the process of switching her crib to a toddler bed.  She LOVES it!!  She has only gotten out 2 times and has gone right back to bed when we asked her to.  Maybe this will be a good thing.  I was hoping she would wait until after Jason was born, but this might actually work out for the best getting her used to sleeping on her own before I'm terribly sleep deprived with a new baby.  Hopefully her naps will be just as easy, I'm not holding my breath though.  We will see tomorrow, but for tonight, she is so excited to have a big girl bed that she has been great.



5 comments:

Lisa said...

Such a big girl!!

Heidi said...

Ha ha, she plops in and out of that like it's no big thing. :) She even has a pillow and can pull up her own blanket, what a big girl. :)

Becky said...

That is way cute! See, she was just being a nice big sis and freeing up the baby's bed for him!

Just Jen said...

She is tooooo adorable!

Krystal said...

Oh my goodness, she is too cute! Such a big girl!