Friday, January 13, 2012

Christmas

We spent Christmas Eve with the Bailey extended family and had a great time.  Lydia found a new friend in one of the little girls that was there and followed her everywhere she went.  The Bailey's have a tradition of eating Tuna Fish sandwiches and hot chocolate on Christmas Eve so that's what we did.  Although being pregnant, I opted for the deli meat since tuna fish has a way to make my stomach turn.  After a good night with them, we headed to Kelvin and Maritza's and spent the night there.  Lydia had a hard time sleeping and even climbed out of the full sized crib they have.  It scared me to death but finally we got her to sleep only to have her wake up again in a few hours.  This time Gregory went and slept on the floor with her and she was able to sleep until the morning.  We woke up early so we could do our gifts before we headed to our 9am Sacrament meeting (Gregory and I went while leaving Lydia) and it actually worked out really well.  We had a great morning and once Lydia realized that the big kitchen was for her, she had a ball with it.  I must say that we made out really well for Christmas and were very blessed.  It was a wonderful day full of love and happiness, not for the gifts, but for all the blessing we have in our lives.  It's a great reminder of much we have and how little we want for.

Santa brought her the jackpot!!  Her own kitchen!

Now mom and dad were in the loop with Santa and got her some toy dishes.  She loved them and they are so cute!  I must say though, now she has nicer pots than me as hers are stainless steel.  When did that happen? 

My Christmas gift!  A jewelry box you hang on the wall.  You put pictures in the front and then it opens to a very nice place for jewelry.  I was SO excited!!!

 What would Christmas be without a nerf gun.  I think Gregory missed my brothers on Christmas as he had no one to play with him....

Loved this shirt from my mom.

His shirt from my mom.  Another good pick.

A kindle book disguised as a fluff book.  Great joke Dan and Amy!

Yay!  I loved the Scripture Scouts as a kid and am so excited to have them for my kids.

So he actually picked this shirt out before Christmas but was really excited to get it so he could finally wear it. It's from a book series that he is reading.

Noah Ark Little people!  Thank you so much Matt Welling!

Fun toys from her Grandparents in Utah who missed her!


Some Minnie Mouse slippers that she kept on the whole day.  She loved them!

A better view of the kitchen.  She still loves it and plays with it all the time.

We got a lot more stuff but couldn't upload pictures of it all.  We want to thank everyone for being so generous!  We got great gifts and are excited about them all.  It was a wonderful Christmas and I can't wait until next year when we will have little Jason to help us celebrate.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Wow! Jackpot Lydia!! What a blessed Christmas for you all! I never did hear, did Lydia like the gift from Isabella??

Karen said...

Gotta love a kitchen for a little girl...though boys love them too!