Tuesday, November 11, 2008

A Sort-Of Day Off!!!

Today I had half a day to myself. I haven't had that in such a long time! I am at work all day and then come home and do homework until late at night. It doesn't make for much of a life, but it's what you have to do when you are both in school and working. But since I work at a bank and today is veterans day, I got the day off work! This was so welcome. I stayed in bed until 10:30 even though I was awake at 7:30 this morning. I then got up and took a long shower and did a few hours of homework. Kelvin called me and I went to pick him up from school and he surprised me by taking me out to lunch. We haven't been out to eat for 2 months! This was a treat indeed. He had a little extra birthday money and decided that we needed a small date. We got home about 3 and watched most of Kung-Fu Panda (he saved his birthday money to buy this movie when it came out yesterday) and then he had to go to work. I then did more homework and now get to do whatever I want to tonight. It is a much needed break and is quite rejuvenating. I only have 3 weeks left of school and am anxiously awaiting the end of this KILLER semester. I have put in as much time in these 2 classes as I would a normal 13-15 credit hours. It has been a crazy ride that I do not want to relive but probably will when I do Nursing school. It will be worth it in the end, but for now, I am off to make banana bread and enjoy my few coveted hours of do whatever I want crazy time!!!

1 comment:

Heidi said...

I LOVE it when I can just lay in bed and veg. I'm glad you got a day off!