Monday, January 26, 2009

Birthday Party!

This weekend we celebrated my brother Matt's 15th birthday and our niece Samantha's 1st birthday. We had a lot of fun and it's crazy to think of my little brother getting so big! He has passed me in height by a good few inches and is a teenager in almost every way. (I say almost because he will still hug me and tell me that he loves me which is not something every teenage boy will do, especially in front of their friends.) We have such a special relationship and I just love the kid so much!


Sammie opening her presents....Well trying anyway! I think the wrapping was more fun to her at first.



Matt and his presents



You know you are a Wager when you want Pie instead of cake for your birthday




What is it about kids and chocolate all over their faces that is so cute?




So we had a good time with the family even though Kelvin wasn't able to make it to the party. He had to work and couldn't find anyone who would trade shifts with him.

I got a new calling in church on Sunday, the 2nd counselor in the Primary Presidency. I am excited but have my work cut out for me. There are a few issues in the Primary that might be a little challenging but I am excited for the oportunity to try to help and hopefully make a difference.

We are enjoying this time of life with each other and good friends and family.

4 comments:

Lisa said...

How cute! I can't wait for Isabella's first birthday! I think it will be more fun for me than for her but I'm still excited about it.

Heidi said...

Hey! You and I have the exact same calling! I used to be the Primary Secretary, but I became the 2nd Counselor last August. It's pretty fun once you get into the swing of things! :D

Familia Sepúlveda Acuña said...

Queridos Emilee y Gregory estamos tan felices por la noticia del bebe que uds estan esperando, rogamos al Señor para que Emilee se sienta bien en sus primeros meses de embrazo. Les enviamos nuestro amor sobre todo al pequeño o pequeña, un abrazo, los chilenitos.

Mark and Aupreille said...

I can't believe Matt is already 15, I still picture him and Robbie as these little 4-5 year old boys.