Well I haven't written in quite some time and I suppose it's time for me to write again.
It feels pretty crazy to think that I could be a dad, it's one of those things that you always plan for and never quite expect to happen. I am so grateful for the wonderful example that I have had all my life. I think I've probably had the best dad ever. I know a lot of people say that, but I really feel like it's been true for me. I can remember when I was little, my dad taught me to respond to the question, "Why are you so cute?" by saying, "because I look like my daddy!" Probably from that day I've tried to be like him. I would try to tell jokes like him- much to my little sisters dismay- I wanted to be as good at bowling as him, and be as strong in the gospel as him. Well if I am ever good enough to be asked the question, "Why are you a good father?" I will know that the response is, "because I'm just like my daddy!" I love my father so much, and he's been so great to me always willing to sacrifice to spend time with me and teach me. He has always supported me in any goal I ever had, ready with good advice if I ever needed it. Sometimes I wonder if I'll ever be able to measure up to a great man like him, I am so proud to have been named after him, Kelvin Bailey. He has taught me what it is to be a man, both my doctrine and by example.
I am so grateful for my wife as well and the wonderful woman that she is. Always ready with a joke and one of her beautiful smiles. She's going to be a great mother, she has so much love in her! Not to mention she's a wonderful cook, even if sometimes she "burns" things (they are actually not burned at all ;) ). We have both been blessed with wonderful parents. I pray that we, too, will be able to follow in their example. Life is crazy but I'm glad I have Emilee by my side to help me as we get ready to enter a new stage of our lives, and I'm glad of the examples that have been set by our parents.
I have to say that one of the things I'm most looking forward to are Saturday morning cartoons with the little guy/girl. At least that way I won't feel so guilty for enjoying them so much, not to mention all the LEGO's I can finally justify buying. Don't worry mom, I'll start 'm off on Duplos, just like I was. I know it's not all going to be fun and games, but I figure the more of it we put in there the less room there is for all the rest.
2 comments:
congratulations! that's so wonderful. children really are such a wonderful blesssing!
Aww...bud! You totally made me tear up! We do have the best daddy ever and I know you'll be just as wonderful as he is!!
Post a Comment