Friday, April 17, 2009

Easter Weekend

As you can probably tell, it has been a little while since our last update. My parents took my little brother Matt to Disneyland so I have been running the family business all week with my brother Dave. Since I have to drive to Provo everyday and then back, it's been a long week and I am SO greatful for the weekend. I think I listened to the Twilight soundtrack about 10 times at work (it's really good.....Thanks Krystal!!!)

We had a great Easter Sunday. After a wonderful day at church, we had dinner with Marta and Ed and the kids. I guess I should add Daisy in there (the dog) since she likes Kelvin so much. Whenever we go over she gets all excited and practically follows him around wanting him to play with her. He doesn't admit it very often but he really likes her too. He is definitely a dog person but usually likes the medium to big dogs. He is not a fan of the small ones (thinks they are too yappy) but she has gotten into his heart, it's so sweet. The only other small dog I can think of that he likes is Lucy my brother and sisters dog. The dinner was wonderful and then Felicia and I colored eggs and watched "America's Funniest Home Videos" while Kelvin and Jordan played computer games. I must say though that we got spoiled! One of our friends played the Easter bunny this year and dropped off a bunch of stuff. It was quite the Easter basket. Marta and Ed gave us Easter candy and my parents gave us a bunch of Emergency Preparedness supplies. It was quite the holiday. Lots of fun and candy (anyone want some????) and an all around great day. My parents have been doing Emergency Preparedness stuff for a while now with every Holiday since we have gotten older. On Christmas we got a dutch oven! It was so awesome. If you didn't know already, they are VERY into food storage and being prepared. I have learned a lot from them and still have a lot more to learn. When Kelvin and I moved into our first place, I had more food storage that I had stored under my bed than anything else. He was a little shocked, but I believe in being ready for anything and guess what.....It came in handy this year. We have mostly depleted everything I had stocked up! Anyway, off my little tangent and on to some pictures!


This is what our friend gave us! It does not include what we got from Ed and Marta and my parents.



We looked at the Nutrition Section on the big chocolate bunnies just for fun and were shocked by the fat content.



Our friend Aaron gave these shirts to us and Kelvin was VERY proud to wear his. Mine is way too big but I like to wear it around the house. There were a few of them left at his work apparently, and he brought us about 4 shirts.



A random picture that Kelvin took while I was getting ready one day.



And the finale.....A picture of the cutest couple in the world! OK...... so I might be a little biased. And I don't even like this picture of us very much.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Dang! Ya'll got a ton of candy!! What a nice Easter, ours didn't feel like Easter at all. Love the Tshirts, tell Aaron to hook me up next time! =)

Krystal said...

I'm glad you enjoyed the Twilight soundtrack!! Although without Lisa, I wouldn't have it either...hehehe :D Easter looks like it was so much fun!! I miss ya'll and can't wait to see you in a few weeks!!