We made it to Utah safe and sound!! After a 3 hour delay on Friday from car troubles, it is so nice to have made it here in one piece and with our car still in tact. (We aren't sure exactly how much longer our car will last. It's kind of on it's last leg.)
When we walked into our apartment we couldn't stop smiling and looking at all the stuff we had! After living on the bare, bare essentials it was so nice to come back to a couch, a kitchen stocked with spices and other food, a kitchen table, movies, our bed, the closets, all our clothes, etc. I could go on and on but I won't bore you with all the things we were suddenly VERY grateful for. We stopped at my parents house and saw them on our way into town and got a new microwave from Dave and Paula. They had three and were anxious to get rid of them so we graciously took it off their hands. It is awesome and goes very well with our apartment!
Sunday was a great day. It is such a good feeling to be wanted in your ward and noticed instead of being treated like visitors all the time. Everyone was excited to see us back and we really enjoyed being there. Primary was especially fun. I have missed it so much. That night we had Aaron and Adrian and Nick and Halley over for dinner, games and a movie. Aaron and Adrian are getting married on Monday so it was the last time we will get to see them before their wedding day. And Nick and Halley really missed us while we were gone.
Monday we went to my parents house and went through a bunch of my stuff. We threw away a lot and put other stuff away for a possible garage sale I'm trying to talk my family into having. It was fun to go through old things of mine that I haven't seen for years. We still have a little more to go through and will probably do that toady. We also had set some money aside for a new desk during the summer. We are in need of one and went shopping after all the cleaning. We ended up finding one we both really like and with the help of my little brother, he and Kelvin got it all put together and it looks SO GOOD!! I will post pictures later. We got it for a pretty good price too I think. After the completion of the desk, we went to see G.I. JOE. Matt also stayed the night which he hasn't done for a while.
I will post more later, but for now there are other things to be done.
2 comments:
Thanks again for Sunday! We had a blast!!
Welcome back! I love coming home to my own bed, so much better than any other bed I've slept in.
Post a Comment