So after figuring this all out, I still decided that I wanted to do the 5K. We wouldn't be in Texas for the first one that started and the next race was in August so Lisa and I decided to run our separate races and then maybe in the future do one together. So Heidi and I signed up to runt he SLC Marathon's 5K on Saturday April 16th. We left early that morning and got there with a few minutes to spare before the gun shot went off. Let me tell you that with a race that big there is SO MUCH ENERGY!!! It was so much fun to start and get going. We started off running and tried to get past people but it's really hard when there are so many people around you. We ended up power walking for most of the way, but we still made really good time for walking and burned over 650 calories! (Heidi had a watch that also kept track of her heart rate and gave us a more accurate calorie burn number) It was so much fun! I was grateful that Heidi was willing to power walk most of the way, even though we did jog for a few stretches. So here you have a convert to races! I hate running but will gladly and look forward to doing this race again. In fact I may schedule my Utah visits around the SLC Marathon schedule so I can do more. With all the people and energy around, it made for a GREAT morning. The best part was the cheering as you finished the race. Thanks Heidi for a day I will not likely forget.
Driving up to Salt Lake at 6am!
Just before we began!!!
Right after the gun was shot to begin!
Waving as we are walking up to cross the starting line.
And we're off....
The big finish!
The video of the end. I think I ended up beating Heidi by 1 second. It was so much fun!
Our goodies at the end of the race to replenish ourselves.
Our friend Matt Welling came to support the run and bought Heidi and I these commemorative mugs! Thanks for coming Matt! You are awesome.
4 comments:
yayyyyyy.....felicitaciones Emilee...me encanto el video....
I'm so glad that Kelvin and Matt came to cheer us on, too! That added even more to the experience. :)
(The word verification is "sperfunk" ... that's a funny "word.")
GO YOU!!!! AND HEIDI TOO!!! I'm so bummed I didn't get to do mine that was last weekend. Blasted surgery! But, I have one at the end of May that I'm hoping I'll be ready for. I'm so proud of you for doing it and I can't wait until the fall when we can do one together!
Congratulation!!! Glad you had the opportunity to do it.
Post a Comment