Well things didn't go as smoothly as planned with our move surprise surprise! The Budget Truck place didn't have our trailer until later that night, and the truck didn't have an appropriate engine size for what it was built to do. The packing and loading went fairly smoothly but when we realized the size of the engine, we knew it was going to take a lot longer to drive than we had planned.
We had decided a few weeks before that we would buy a plane ticket and fly myself and Lydia down and fly Kelvin's dad up so he could drive the truck down with Kelvin. This turned out to be VERY wise on our part. We were originally told that we could put our car seat in the front but it turns out there was no middle seat in the truck. Plus with the extended drive, I think we would have all gone crazy. So the night before the guys were supposed to start driving, we decided to change things up a bit. They left that night and drove through the night and all the next day. They ended up making it in about 24 hours which is really good considering they went through LOTS of canyon and with a very slow truck, the towing capacity is very limited.
The flight turned out to be an ordeal in of itself. My mom drove us up and was able to come past security and wait with us at the gate. It was a good thing too because my flight ended up being delayed.....for a very long time. We were supposed to leave at 9am and the flight didn't end up leaving until after 4pm. I was transferred to another flight with American that ended up being a direct flight instead of a layover with Frontier. This actually turned out to be a blessing because Lydia slept the entire way. Can I get a hallelujah! I was so worried to take a one year old on a flight where she would be restricted with her movement but it all worked out. In fact the only empty seat was in between myself and the guy on the end. I was surrounded by people who were originally on the first flight with Frontier so we had some great talks all along the way to Texas.
When I finally arrived, Maritza and Krystal were there to get us. It was fun to see Lydia reacting to Maritza whom she knew but was still a little shy. We stopped at our new apartment complex and I was unimpressed with the size of the one we put on hold. When they offered to show me the larger two bedroom I agreed and liked it a lot better. Come to find out that they had one available and hadn't been able to sell it for a while so we got it for a lot less than normal. It fit into our budget and I was SO excited. We were so blessed on our move. Things just seemed to work out so perfectly.
1 comment:
I'm so glad your mom was able to wait with you! That is a crazy, insane flight delay!
I'm also glad that Lydia slept the whole flight! My girls are usually good on flights, but I still worry that they may be bothering other passengers--but you can relax and not worry about that kind of stuff if they're snoozin'. :)
Post a Comment