Wow! I really have neglected our blog lately. I guess that's because of a little present we are expecting in Feb! Yes I know most of you already know as we spread the word a while ago, but for the sake of the blog, here is the official post....
At the end of May I could tell that there was something different with my body. I wondered if it was just all the stress from the past few weeks that was taking it's toll. I mean with the move, the car crash, Lydia falling out the window....there was a lot going on. But I still had this feeling that I couldn't shake. I just KNEW! So when Gregory got home from work, we prepared a little present for him...
Yep! We are having another baby. Because of how much had been going on I don't think either of us were too happy at the news to begin with to be honest. With all the added financial expenses recently, we are barely making it now. Although, as time has passed we have come to be really excited about it and are now fighting over names! We told immediate family pretty early as we knew we couldn't keep it from them long (I do tend to get sick and it was starting to make itself known). But even as hard as we tried to conceal it from even them, Gregory's mom guessed! She didn't say anything but she already knew when we announced it to everyone. I don't know how she does that! I had called my parents earlier and let them know and told them to announce it to the family. Funny thing is that that night, I got a call from Dan and Amy telling me that they are expecting too, AND at the same time. It was pretty funny.
I guess the Lord really wants us to have another child. I feel very blessed and scared. Lydia's pregnancy and birth were in a word, traumatic and I was not looking forward to going through that again. I met with the Dr early and we discussed everything about Lydia's birth and pregnancy. I left with a great feeling that this one would go better. She told me that she wouldn't let my weight get that bad (remember I gained 75 pounds, 50 of it was pure water which is dangerous) and then opted to do a c-section since I tore so bad and still don't feel 100% yet. We both feel very good about this Dr and are excited to be delivering here is Texas. The hospital we will be at is like a 5 star hotel. They will feed Gregory, guests, and have a snack room for anyone who visits. The last night there you get a steak and lobster dinner! Can we say...heck yeah! I am also VERY excited about knowing when the baby will be coming, it's scheduled and Gregory will have plenty of time to get enough work off to help me since i will be needing lots of help. I am also excited about the quicker recovery time I will have with the c-section. I will take 6 weeks over 15 months ANYDAY!
Anyway, we are thinking it might be a boy but are hesitant to really say that until we know for sure on Sept 30th. Either way, I am so excited to have a little baby again. Lydia is a toddler through and through and I have just started to get baby hungry again. It's perfect timing for that to kick in. The c-section will be on Feb 9th. I am about 15 weeks along now and even though my due date is the 16th, the baby is measuring 5 days ahead of schedule but since it was on the border, they didn't change the official due date.
We are very excited about this new child coming to our little family. Lydia doesn't know what's going on yet and she will be 1 month shy of 2 years when the little one is born. It turns out to be a great difference in age but might be more challenging for the first little while. No matter what though, it will be a great adventure!
5 comments:
Yay! I'm really excited for all three (four) of you. And it is challenging for a while, but then you get in a groove and you can't imagine life with just one. I'm sure people who have 5 or 6 (or 10) wonder what the rest of us complain about!! The scheduled aspect of a c-section is quite nice, and the hospital sounds pretty awesome. I hope all goes perfectly and that don't have to deal with much sickness and you get the easiest pregnancy/delivery ever! Wahoo!
Ok, that is such a cute way to announce it! I love it. And we are SO excited to have another member of the family join us, especially cause I don't have to be the one doing it this go around! HA! Congrats and we are so happy for y'all!
Ha ha, I love how you put "Ready or not here I come!" :D
I think the age difference between them will be perfect, too.
Congrats! That is very exciting. I hope you pregnancy/birth goes better for you this time. My kids are just over 2 years apart. It can be hard at times as I'm sure you can imagine, but they are getting so much better at entertaining themselves now. Love it!
Congratulations! Our pregnancy was unexpected, to me at least, too. In my personal opinion, c-sections are the way to go. Just having it scheduled and knowing when to take time off work is awesome. My recoveries took less than 6 weeks, I couldn't believe how fast I recovered. Good luck with it all!!!
Post a Comment