Tuesday, November 29, 2011
Big Boy!
Yesterday I had an ultrasound to check how big Jason was and the position of the placenta. Luckily the placenta had moved so we are in the clear with that complication, but Jason is not slowing down any. He is measuring as a 32 week gestation baby when I am only 28 weeks. That's 4 weeks LARGER than normal babies. I feel everyday that he is a large baby because he is very strong for this age (Lydia didn't kick this hard until 8 months, right around where he is measuring), but also because my sciatic nerve has been his primary target. I have a hard time going places because sometimes without warning, my hips will come out of place. I know there are other women who have normal size babies who have this same problem. I had it with Lydia but not this bad. There are times when my legs will actually go numb and I can't walk. It's crazy and I always pray that it will only happen at home where I can deal with it and sometimes have Gregory home to help me. Having a baby will do strange things to the body but it seems that I am better able to handle things this go around because I KNOW what the problem is. Lydia's pregnancy no one would tell me anything so I was constantly left worrying, but this Dr has been so open and honest that I don't freak out when I can't walk for a period of time because I know what's going on. It's been a very uncomfortable pregnancy and I can't wait for it to be over, but I have been strengthened to bear this burden. It's been in our prayers every day that I will be strengthened up to be able to physically endure this challenge and I really feel like I have. It doesn't mean it's easy or not painful anymore, just I am able to handle things better. It does however make us worried to have anymore because each pregnancy will just get worse. That is a bridge to cross at another time. Right now, I am just grateful that I am healthy and have such a supportive husband who does so much for me. We are so excited to have our little boy here and tell him everyday that he is welcome to come anytime as long as he's healthy. He's truly a blessing!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment