So tonight is the big debate with Sarah Palin and Joe Bidden. I am really excited to watch this debate as I missed the presidential one. To start, I am not a republican or democrat. I am a proud independent and plan to stay that way! As far as I'm concerned, the republicans and democrats are both off their rockers (no pun intended to those career senators we have ample supply of, aka: the aged) or on their high horses. No one will work with the opposite party and it is all just a big mess in Washington. I personally have always liked John McCain and what he has done as a senator even though there are things I have not agreed on in the past. And Sarah Palin is a firecracker! I just loved her the minute she opened her mouth and she continues to prove to me that she is not someone who will just say whatever to get elected. This is what is going to make this debate so exciting. I can't wait to see how she is going to put poor Joe in his place and call him out things that he should have been called out on a long time ago. There is a book out there entitled "Crazies to the left of me, Whimps to the right". Sorry to say, but this is our government!
Obviously, as you can deduce from this soap box I am on, that I will be voting for McCain and Palin. Even though I know who it is I will be voting for, I still like to watch debate and keep informed with everything happening. It is important to know why you are voting for the candidate you chose and to stay informed. Personally, I DO NOT buy into the worlds false sence of security with more government control. Thomas Jefferson once said that the more control a government has, the more it can take away. The more government control, the more waste happens with my hard earned tax dollars. I know that that sounds totally republican to a lot of people, but I do my research and I pay attention. This would thrill my Texas dad as he, like me, gets on a soap box about ignorant voters (he is incredibly informed), not to mention my Utah dad who likes to keep me on my toes with debates about issues and candidates. After all those political science classes, it's hard sometimes not to get sucked in.
I guess what it all comes down to is this, know why you are voting for your candidate, know their history as that is not likely to change, and then stand by your decision. I am tired of people just doing what the crowd is doing because it's the in thing to do.
So, time to end my blog, pop some popcorn, and lets get ready to RUMBLE.......
1 comment:
I am so glad my daughter is paying attention to the politics and is using her head, not her politics to decide who to vote for!
I like your blog, this is the fist time I have looked at it since y'all set it up. This is a great way to keep in touch and aware of what goes on in the family. I read Lisa's blog and the family in Chile's blog too. The age of technology is such a blessing and a curse just depending on how we use it. My problem is trying to figure out how to use it. Just as I think I am getting a handle on it eveything changes and I am lost again. Thank goodness for kids that don't mind teaching me over and over again!
Kelvin
Post a Comment