We were so excited to get a place closer to Kelvin's work, and when our original place fell through, I spent a long time searching for an alternative. I found a place closer and cheaper and we thought it was going to be great. When we moved in, it was completely different from what we thought. The place was a disaster. I will spare you the pictures we had to take. It was basically a dump and I spent the Saturday night we moved in crying. We went to the office on Sunday and had one of the girls look at the place and she was appalled by the place. We went to his parents house on Sunday and showered there (we couldn't in our new place) and on Monday we talked to the Manger. There was an apparent mix up. The maintenance crew didn't know people were moving in so they didn't do anything and the cleaning crew, well I don't want to say anything because it probably won't be very nice. The maintenance crew came over Monday morning and fixed everything very fast! They were so nice and great to work with. The manager also apologized for the mix up and we have been compensated for our time in the apartment when we couldn't use the facilities. After some cleaning from me, the place is good to go and we are settled in. It's so nice to have our own place. And this has turned out to be a blessing. I am now more grateful for our place back in Utah!
And here is the fun stuff.
Kelvin got some free tickets to the Grand Prairie AirHogs game on Friday June 5. They were playing the Pensacola Pelicans and walked all over them! I don't remember the score but I think it was 13 to 6. It was a lot of fun. I love baseball games and this was our first one together.
Along with baseball, I LOVE thunderstorms and the rain. In Texas you get some awesome storms and I have missed them when we moved back to Utah. It's hard to catch on camera and this was not a big storm, but here are some pictures of one night when we were at his parents house still.
This was the beginning of the storm and it went from this...
to this, in a few minutes. It was so cool!
And now to Brandon's birthday party! We got together on Sunday and had dinner and pie to celebrate. On Saturday, Kelvin went to the store to get his present and came back with 2 packages of double stuff Oreo's and 5 dollars in cash. I laughed, but thankfully, Brandon loved it.
And last but not least, my parents had their 32nd wedding anniversary on June 2nd. Dan and Amy put together a present with all our pictures. They sent me a picture of the finished product and I think it's so cute. So happy anniversary mom and dad! We love you!
1 comment:
Great post! Very inspiring!
Post a Comment