Sunday, June 14, 2009

Isabella's First Birthday

One of the great things about being in Texas for the summer is all the family things that we get to be here for. Last year we were here when Isabella was born and Krystal graduated from high school, and this year were here for the celebration of Isabella's first birthday! The first birthday is a big deal for Kelvin's family so a huge party was thrown yesterday and a lot of people were there. It was a lot of fun to be with his extended family and we had a great time. I have been really bad with taking pictures lately and only got a few of the celebration, but I think they still tell the story nicely.



Kelvin doesn't like to take pictures so I have to get a quick shot in where I can and unfortunately, his head got cut off. But a retake was not an option so this is what we got. I still think it's a cute picture of us though.




This was the game we bought when we went to Bryce Canyon that broke on us. Kelvin and his dad made a new one and the guys loved it! They were playing the whole time the party was going on. This is Larry (Kelvin's uncle) making a shot. He did really well and won most of the games!




Isabella opening her presents. She got very excited about a few of them.




I kept trying to get a good picture of her but she would never look at the camera for more than a second. So this is the best face shot you get. Isn't she adorable though?




I loved this! She got a piece of tissue paper stuck to the bottom of her foot and was walking all around the house. It was so cute I had to get a shot.



We are still doing really well despite the heat. I am excited to be done with my class. All I have left is some research and a short 15 page paper and then I am done! I am a little nervous about getting a job when we get back to Utah because jobs seem to be a little scarce right now. I did have a dream the other night though that I was offered a job in Utah and the guy asked me if getting paid $70,000 a year would be ok. I tried not to jump for joy and pretended to think about the offer for a minute when he said how about $75,000. I didn't wait long to say yes for fear of the offer being rescinded. When I woke up and told Kelvin about the dream he got really excited and joked about "what if that really happened". I think secretly he is really hoping that that particular dream will come true. I am just hoping that we will be blessed with a job. Good thing that I have lots of time this summer to get my resume into tip top shape.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Just so you know, Isabella has been carrying the camera ya'll gave her ALL OVER the house! She wanted to go to bed with it last night and it was the first toy she grabbed this morning. I think she likes it! =)