Saturday, September 19, 2009

The Most Expensive Piece of Paper We Own

Yes it is true!!!! I came home from working out yesterday and Kelvin was already home from school and said he had a surprise for me. He handed me a thin cardboard envelope and when I looked inside I started jumping up and down when I found this.....





Yep, it is finally here. The most expensive piece of paper we own to this date! At least that's what Kelvin laughed and said when we got it. But it's finally mine after all my hard work. I'm so proud to say I am a college graduate! I will get my nursing degree in a few years after Kelvin is finished with school and we have had a chance to settle down a bit in a career.


I also got a job a couple weeks ago. I am working with the University of Utah's clinics. They have 11 of them and I am responsible to take messages for all the doctors and nurses, send in refill requests, give lab results back, etc. When you do it for 11 different clinics, it can get a little daunting, but I love it! I work part time which has been great for me right now. Hopefully I can work my way into 3/4 time. It would only be an extra hour a day and I would get AWESOME benefits. They really treat their employee's well.


Also a couple of weeks ago we went to see the Scarlet Pimpernel at the Hale Center Theater in West Valley. It was so awesome! It is my favorite play. I was a little disappointed that they changed some of the songs and some of the scenes (yes I know it that well to know what song is sung where, what scene is where, and all the words to the songs). But I am still glad we went. It was a wonderful night! We went with Krystal and our two good friends Shae and Matt.


One more thing, a few weeks ago, my little brother Matt came to spend the weekend with us. We got to go to one of his soccer games. He is getting really good. Here are a couple pictures from that event.





4 comments:

Karen said...

I was excited to get my degree in the mail too. I surprised my husband when his came and framed it and put it on the TV before he even saw it. Congratulations!

Lisa said...

Yay! It's official!!

Debbie said...

very exciting! congrats again!

Familia Sepúlveda Acuña said...

FELICIDADES EMILEE POR LA META CUMPLIDA...DESPUES DE TANTO TRABAJO...FELICIDADES