I guess the Lord really really wants us to have a child because despite preventative methods, we are expecting again! I have had a hard time announcing this one because of our history, but I really can't hide it anymore as I am almost 16 weeks along and have a definite little baby bump! We found out in Texas that I was pregnant but didn't think too much of it because we were so used to miscarrying that we thought this one would just pass as well. We waited for a week, and then another and then it became a month, and then another, and here we are! I had been feeling really sick so finally called the doctor and got an appointment. We absolutely LOVE our doctor! She has been so good with us and has taken extra care that everything with this pregnancy is going well. The first visit she did an ultrasound and said the baby looks perfect! But she also wanted us to come back a couple weeks later and do another ultrasound and check up just to make sure everything was fine considering our history. We waited and went back in and she checked out everything very thoroughly again and did another ultrasound. The baby was still perfect and kicking up a storm! At that point she said our chance of miscarrying was decreased by 85% and the longer I went, the better and better chance we had. Today we had another appointment and heard the heartbeat. It was very strong and clear. She told us today that our chance of miscarrying was very unlikely because the heart sounded so good. I was shocked by the end of the visit because today it all became real for me. When we had the ultrasounds I really couldn't see that well because there was a bad glare and a bad angle. So this appointment made it real. I don't know what to think.
I am doing well physically except I still tend to get tired quick and bending over is becoming harder. (What's it gonna be like at 9 months?) Originally the baby was due on March 16th but on the first ultrasound the baby was measuring about 6 days younger so the date was pushed back to March 22. Obviously whatever nature decides will happen but it will be interesting to see which is closer.
This is the first ultrasound where the baby was measuring smaller than the original due date, measuring at 9 weeks 4 days.

This is me at 14 weeks. See what I mean about the baby bump? This was actually taken about a week and a half ago and I am even bigger today. I had been wearing baggy shirts so the tummy was mostly hidden for a while, but I can't really do that anymore. The baggy shirts aren't that much help.
9 comments:
Yay!
My energy has finally started coming back during the last week. So hopefully yours will, too! (That's an advantage of being due nine days apart, we can have our symptoms coincide pretty closely! :D)
Go you guys!! Many prayers coming your way for a healthy pregnancy.
congrats you two that is great news!
Congratulations! That is wonderful news, we will be praying that everything gos well, you and Greg will be great parents. :)
Yay for baby bumps! And finally, I can start telling people...it's been so hard to keep my mouth shut! =) I'm so happy and can't wait for my little nephew (or niece) to come!!
Congratulations! You look great. Sorry, 9 months prego really means that you have other people pick stuff up for you, if you play your cards right, though, you can still get them to pick stuff up for you after the baby is born too. :)
I'm so happy for you guys! That is wonderful news to hear, thanks for sharing.
Congratulations! I'm so excited for you! Good luck for the last 5 months! :)
Hooray! I was so excited to open up your blog and see that baby ticker! Congrats!
Post a Comment