Monday, February 15, 2010

Baby Shower

We had our baby shower on Sat and let me tell you, It was AWESOME!!! My best friend Heidi put it on which is impressive considering that she is just as pregnant as i am, her husband just had back surgery and she has a little girl at home. My mom insisted that she help out a little so Heidi didn't do all of that herself, but she is a trooper and got most of it done well in advance. We got some good stuff and the decorations and food were to die for. There were some good friends who showed up that I hadn't seen in a long time and of course family showed up for the party. Good food, fun times and getting more and more ready for baby when she arrives. Thank you Heidi for everything you did! I loved my shower and am so blessed to have a friend like you in my life!

The "Diaper" cake! Isn't it so creative? Complete with a pink rubber ducky on the bottom layer and a flower toy on the top which is perfect for babies.


Some of the food. Most of the fruit wasn't on the table yet when this picture was taken but there was an amazing fruit dip with grapes, pineapple, apples and oranges.


And here is Heidi and myself! The two nine month pregnant women. I love that we are due around the same time and our kids will be close in age. It's been really fun to be pregnant with your best friend. I'm just glad that we were both able to fit into the same picture! ;)

1 comment:

Heidi said...

How did I not see this post until today??? Weird. :P

I am glad that you loved your shower! I thought it was a lot of fun, too! I have loved being pregnant at the same time and I think it has made the pregnancy much more enjoyable!

Luvs!