Saturday, February 6, 2010

National Guard Graduate

I am so excited that I have to write a blog about it even though I have no pictures yet and my parents aren't even on the plane to come home from South Carolina. He was a very well liked and respected soldier both from those over him and those he worked with. There was apparently one guy who never would have made it though basic training without Rich and he stood by this guy the whole way. I am so proud of this brother of mine. He had an injury a couple day's ago and wasn't going to say anything but the drill Sargent noticed he was walking funny and sent him to sick bay. They thought it was a stress fracture on his hip but after the bone scans they found out that it was his knee. I don't know anything else except that he was still able to graduate and will continue on with his orders, albeit those orders have now changed. He will no longer go to Arizona first for is 4 months of another training, they are going to ship him out to California first for his language training. This is good news and bad news. The good news is that Summer will get to live with him in Cali since he will be there for about 1 1/2 years I believe. The bad news is that we don't get to see him unless we travel to California. But the best thing is that Summer will be with him. It's so hard on these wives to be without their spouse's for so long. So I will let you know more when I know, and get some pictures up of the graduation when I can get my hands on them.

One more note to put in here, the baby dropped a few day's ago. It's really nice to be able to breathe again and not be panting after a 5 min conversation or a 5 min walk. This is both wonderful and scary, Wonderful because the time is getting closer and scary because the time is getting closer! I am still going to do my best to try to keep her in me for another 2 weeks (despite my split personality about her coming "Just come already!", "No don't come yet it's still too soon." Kelvin laughs at these mood changes which can come every hour sometimes). Those 2 weeks will only put her 5 weeks early. Maybe I will be able to push it one more week but we will see. She is going to come when she want's to come I am sure and she is making it obvious that it will be sooner than later. Of course I am saying this now and then she will be stubborn and hold out until the middle of March. Who knows. I am sure that she will make her grand entrance soon enough. Until then, I hope we are ready!

No comments: