On Thursday, March 18, 2010 our little Lydia Criscell Bailey finally decided to join our little family for good. We are so very excited to have her as a part of the family. Poor Emilee was induced on Wed about 11:00 am and was in contractions and hurting for a very long time. I was really worried about her, but she was such a trooper! I think I'll let her expound on the agony of her labor, she's more qualified to talk about it, but I was just so impressed with her strength and stamina. What a wonderful woman she is, and she's already a wonderful mother! We are so excited about her, she's a wonderful and beautiful addition to our family, which means she must look like her momma. She's actually doing well now, still in pain and incredibly sore but she's on the mend and we will probably be home by tomorrow afternoon. And on to the pictures which is what everyone really wants to see.
Here she is after her first shower, she was a little cold so she was on the heating bed, relaxing.

Here she is with grandpa, she's going to love this guy

She's very alert, she'll look right at you when you talk and just listen to whatever you have to say.

Lydia with her "hippy" uncle! Get a haircut! j/k we love you!

Here's the nurse that gave her, her first bath, Lydia didn't like her, baths aren't fun yet!

Lydia, with her "favorite" auntie, her words not mine (her as in Krystal's)

We were pretty exhausted, so we got to sleep a little together, I have a feeling she's going to be my little cuddle buddy.

All bundled up! She hates being cold!

She has cute little hands but you can't see them here.

I told her to look at the camera, and she did, check out those cute eyes.

Lydia's honorary grandma, she would not put this baby down! We had to pry the baby away and physically throw her out, she loves our little girl! Love you too Marta!

Here's Grandpa again

This is her right after her first shower, we liked her little bow, but she gets cold so it's mostly the hat for her.

Yeah, I was pretty tired... not as tired as mom though...
That's right, 8 lbs 5 oz, poor Emilee...

Here's Lydia Criscell with her Grandma whose name she shares

Well that's all for now, enjoy, thanks for everyone's love and support, we love you all!
9 comments:
Congratulations you guys! She is beautiful.
I love all the pictures!! Especially the one with Auntie Krystal, who we know isnt' REALLY the favorite aunt!*wink, wink. :)
What a cute little munchkin you guys produced. Congratulations - it's wonderful being a parent!
We are so happy for you two! She is a doll! I am so glad I got to stop in for a minute and see her.
P.S. I forgot that you went private. I usually look at blogs in google reader and it wont show updates if it's private. Hence me apparently missing your entire month of March in posts. Its been fun to catch up :)
she is adorable congrats to the new parents!!
Congratulations! She is so cute. I am really happy for you both. :)
Congrats! She is gorgeous! So happy that she is here and everyone is doing well!
Congrats! She's a cutie. Welcome to the life of parenthood-don't expect to catch up on sleep for a while. :)
Ok, I know this is way delayed, but I still have to defend myself! I don't know why you even doubt the insertion of the word "favorite" when it is an indisputable fact! It's blasphemy to say otherwise and I can't believe you would even imply any sort of uncertainty. Lydia is terribly offended, I am sure, that her favorite auntie is held under such false accusations.
Post a Comment