Thursday, August 12, 2010

Dreams and Chocolate Donuts

For a few weeks now I have been craving chocolate donuts. Anyone who knows me knows that I LOVE donuts! They are my weakness. I have been really good though and even though I have wanted them, I have resisted the temptation. Well, apparently that craving got a little carried away. Last night I had a crazy dream about getting up early and walking around the store trying to figure out what donut I was going to get. When the time hit 7am in the dream I realized that that was when Lydia was going to wake up but then thought that she would cry enough and Gregory's family would hear and figure out that I was gone and feed her. When the time hit 7:45 I decided that I just needed to get a dozen so everyone could have some. When I went to pay for them I was told I could not buy them because I had forgotten to return a cell phone. So I stormed out of the store upset that I had just spent 2 hours trying to get the perfect donuts and then I couldn't even have them. When I walked outside, I didn't know where I was. I woke up in the dream and realized that I had been sleep walking and had to call Maritza to come and pick me up. When I wok up woke up it was to the restless noises of my baby indicating that she was hungry. I got up quickly to make sure that she was there and that I was really there because the dream lingered on for a bit.

When I told Gregory about the dream he laughed because he knew that I had been craving chocolate donuts for a while but have been good and not gotten them. So when he came home from work he surprised me with a dozen donuts (mostly chocolate)!! Isn't he the best ever!

4 comments:

Heidi said...

That was sweet (ha ha, no pun intended!) of Gre ... wait a minute ... Kelvin to get you donuts. (I know he goes by Gregory around the family, but it caught me off-guard to see MYSELF typing it without thinking. :P)

What a funny dream. It is such a weird feeling to wake up disoriented (but kinda fun at the same time).

Lisa said...

Hahahahaha!!! I love it! And I was grateful because then you shared that yummy chocolate with me!!;)

Karen said...

Now I want donuts! Dang it and I can't get any until tomorrow!

Jennifer said...

Too funny!