Sunday, August 8, 2010

Saturday in Athens

Gregory has an Uncle who lives in Athens Texas and owns 100 acres of land there. We love to go visit them when we can (it's a 2 hour drive) and play on their land. We go every summer and this summer they had a new addition of a swimming pool. They have a pond you can swim in but I have some issues with swimming in water like that so we were excited about the new swimming pool. They have some great 4-wheeling trails in the back of their property, but it's also great to just ride the 4-wheelers around the property it's so beautiful there. They have horses, cows and even a donkey. It's a great place to go relax and have a great time! We sure do love Larry and Michelle.

The two of us on a 4-wheeler out on our ride.


First family ride, the baby loved it.


Pool time!


It was so hot we didn't last very long outside. The water had gotten pretty warm too.


The boys lounging around having a great time!


She found her feet a couple weeks ago and now has started to put them in her mouth.


Say cheese!


Kisses from cousin Isabella.


Thought it would be fun to pull Isabella's hair.


Lydia thought it was the funniest thing ever. Isabella was less than amused!


We also found out this weekend that my Dad has been suffering from a serious staph infection in his knee. No one knows how he got it but it has been very painful. On Saturday I found out that it had spread from his knee to his ankle and the Dr's were talking possible surgery and having him admitted to the hospital if it didn't get drastically better by today. I was getting really worried and ready to buy a plane ticket home depending on the update today. The news came back good as the swelling in his leg is WAY down and the Dr's now have a more positive outlook. They did find out that he was allergic to the intensive IV antibiotics that he has been going into the hospital for all weekend so they stopped those. He has been on the IV antibiotics as well as the highest dose of oral antibiotics you can take and a heavy duty painkiller. He is still in a lot of pain and we are not out of the woods yet, but it doesn't look like it will get much more serious. We will find out on Tuesday but I am just so thankful that things didn't take a bad turn like they were leaning towards. With a bad staph infection there is a possibility of losing your leg or even your life. There is also still a possibility that I will have to fly back home to Utah to run the station while my dad is out of commission if the Dr says on Tuesday that he is not cleared to get out of bed yet, but we will cross that bridge when we come to it. I am just thankful for his health returning.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Lydia's face while playing with Isabella is awesome!!

Heidi said...

I absolutely LOVE the last picture! The expressions on both of the girls' faces says it all!

I'm all for you coming home sooner, but not at the expense of your dad's health! I hope he heals quickly!!