Monday, September 20, 2010

Chilean Independence Day

Saturday just happened to coincide with Lydia's 6 month birthday and the Chilean Independence Day. While we haven't done a photo shoot for her 6 month birthday yet we did have a party for Chile! We went to the Montanares on Sunday for a big Chilean dinner and had all sorts of fun. I was in charge of dessert and thought long and hard about what it is I could do that would be Chilean. Well, I finally came up with the idea to make sugar cookies and frost the Chilean flag on them. I think they turned out pretty well and everyone was so amazed with them. it was fun to see everyone's reactions as I brought them out. The outlining was the hardest but once I got past that part, it was smooth sailing from there. Plus they tasted really really good! Unfortunately I didn't get anymore pictures from the party but believe me when I say it was a blast!



4 comments:

Familia Sepúlveda Acuña said...

gracias Emilee por las lindas galletas de nuestra bandera...

Lisa said...

Oh geeze...way to show me up! My cupcakes look so lame next to your awesome cookies! ;)

Heidi said...

Wow, great job!!

Just Jen said...

I SO WANT THIS RECIPE...
I never thought I would ever say that in my entire life...