Wednesday, September 29, 2010

IT'S FINALLY HERE!!

I know I haven't posted anything for a couple of weeks. Things have been a little crazy!!! Lydia has been teething and not sleeping during the night which meant that I obviously didn't sleep. I didn't know what was going on at first when she was waking up 4-5 times in the middle of the night crying but she wasn't awake. Then she would wake up at 5am and want to eat. At first I thought it was just a growth spurt and increased her solids throughout the day. For 2 weeks I got no sleep and walked around like a zombie! But it is finally over and we now know the reason. SHE HAS HER FIRST TOOTH!!! That's right folks, it's finally here. She started to feel the pain of her teeth at 2 months old and now she is sportin' a great lookin' tooth. It broke through two days ago and she has been doing great ever since. She is back to sleeping about 12 hours a night which is great for me because now I am catching up on my sleep and MUCH happier.

She is becoming more independent by the day and can now sit up by herself for a while. Things happen so fast with babies. One day they can't do something and then the next they can. I am looking forward to the day when she can crawl. I say that because she has been so fussy and throwing tantrum because she want's to be going places she want's to go and doesn't like that she can't get there easily. I really feel like she will calm down when she is a little more independent and be a lot happier. In fact one mom at church was telling me that her son who is 7 1/2 months old was doing the same thing that Lydia is (throwing tantrums and getting fussy) and calmed down a ton when he started to crawl. I love talking with other moms. It's so nice to get a different perspective and try other things. Sorry there are no pictures of the tooth. She hides it pretty well with her tongue but we will get a shot soon. So here are some other pictures of her.



She LOVES tags. Any toy she gets she will turn all around looking to see if it has a tag that she can play with. In fact when I put her down at night, I tuck her blanket in with the tag by her hand and she plays with it until she falls asleep. She really likes the smooth and silky feel.


Again with the tag. Even her favorite stuffed animal she turn upside down first thing and plays with the tag. So silly!

5 comments:

Heidi said...

Wow! Her first tooth! Now she can't say "don't look at me" when something looks suspicious for having been gnawed on. lol.

Lisa said...

Awwww!! My big eyed Lydia! I miss her so much. And congrats for her new tooth. You know you have to buy her something right?? If you were the first to see it, I guess Chilean tradition goes that you have to buy them something. Sort of tooth fairy in reverse. ;) Whom I kidding, it's just an excuse to go buy something new!!! HAhahaha!!

Mari said...

I am so glad that tooth finally came. Poor baby had to put up with so much pain...

Jen said...

Great job Lydia! And I'm sure it will make her much happier to be crawling (and walking, and dressing herself, etc), but it's only going to make your life more complicated - more interesting, but more complicated!

Adrian said...

So cute! When do I get to babysit?