Monday, October 11, 2010

Weekend Happenings

For our anniversary on Sat we took the baby to my mom's house and had them babysit while kelvin and I went out for a nice lunch. After about 2 hours we got the baby and went home. After a long month and a half of little sleep we were pretty tired so we canceled our babysitter for that night (sorry Adrian) and decided to stay home. We put the baby to bed about 6:30 and then we opened a celebratory mini cake that Kelvin had brought home the day before. We got in bed turned on Harry Potter ate a little of the cake then fell asleep at about 8pm!! You can laugh all you want (I sure keep laughing about it) but it felt really good. We both agreed that that was the best way to celebrate our anniversary. Lydia even went right back to bed after eating at 5am and slept until 7:45am. It was her little gift to us.

Sunday morning we had a great time being a little lazy. Kelvin got out his remote controlled helicopter he got from his dad for his birthday. He was flying it around the living and Lydia was quite transfixed. She has seen it before but it always scared her a little. If I was holding her and it was flying around she was usually ok for the most part. On Sunday she was just fine and loved watching it. Kelvin decided to fly it closer to her and see what she would do.

Curious...


I want that dad!


It crash landed right next to her.


Then she got it and Kelvin had to make a dive to get it before she broke anything off. She got pretty brave about it after she was able to touch it.


That is until she touched it while it was moving. Poor little thing tried to grab it and the propellers caught her fingers. She was not very happy after that.


That night we went to my parents house for dinner and Uncle Dave did a new trick with her. She wasn't sure what to think at first but she really liked it later.


And finally this morning I was on my laptop while Lydia was playing on the ground when i found a sight for Sesame Street videos online. I started to wonder if she would be interested in something like that. So I pulled up the video on the computer and sat her down to watch. This was her response.

Completely amazed!!!


She just stared at the screen and wouldn't look away.


Then she started to get excited and would clap and talk and sing along.


"Are you seeing this mom?"

4 comments:

Mari said...

This post is amazing!!!Love all the pictures and the videos are great. Thanks Emilee for giving us a window into little Lydia's daily experiences. I will give you an A+ for this post...thank you, thank you...
Now to Gregory be careful with my little Lydia and your toys...eventhough it was interesting to see Lydia's reaction. Love you!

Heidi said...

lol, you're having a cinematic blog entry, too! How fun! It's fun to watch all that's going on. :)

Lisa said...

First, how sad is it that on that last video I totally knew the song that Bert and Ernie were singing?! La, la, la!! It was a classic in this household and I'm excited to see her get sucked into the world of Sesame Street. :)
And second, LOL to Gregory and his helicopter!! Dad was flying his around Isabella and she was running away and I said it would surprise me if Gregory was doing the same to poor Lydia...here's my proof. Hahaha!
Love all the pictures and she looks beautiful in her dress and awesome flower bow!!

Familia Sepúlveda Acuña said...

ella si que es una niña moderna tiene toda la tecnologia a su disposicion....aaa...se me olvidaba gregoryyyyyyyy...cuidado con la niña...jijijiji