Bath time with Rubber Duckies: Normal children would grab the duckies and suck on their beaks or splash them in the water. Not my child. No.... she figures out that if you submerge the rubber ducky and then squeeze, it will fill with water. After that she pulls it out of the water and squeezes it again to create a stream of water coming from the bottom hole. This is where she has her fun squirting herself on the tummy or trying to reach it in her mouth. Did I mention she is only 10 months old? She might have the workings of an engineer in her wouldn't you say?
She is becoming quite the little character with her little quarks and we love her even more for them. She is in a stage where she is getting clingy and gets anxious if I ever leave the room or her sight. And as was predicted, she has become my little shadow. Curious about everything and also getting into everything.
Meal times have become quite interesting as well. She refuses to let anyone feed her or put anything into her mouth. If you do happen to get something in, she promptly pulls it out, looks at it and you only to then put in back in. It's as if she is stating her independence. Baby food was gone a long time ago as she refuses to be spoon feed (she started doing this at 7 months and the Dr said to take her off baby food at her 9 month checkup). It makes it a little harder to find foods that she can eat that balance nutrition and variety. All food of hers goes on the tray and she will feed herself.
I've been getting worried that she is will be starting to drop a nap here soon and go to 1 nap a day. It is a bit early but her naps seems to be getting shorter and shorter even though she is SO tired the rest of the day. But even if I put her down when she is tired she refuses to sleep until a certain time that has been designated nap time (around 9 and 1). I really enjoy having the time to get somethings done when she sleeps but that has been dwindling. I have to be paying attention to her every move and not paying attention to anything else or she gets upset. Even if she is playing by herself, if she catches me reading a book next to her she will come over and grab the book away from me and then point to what she is doing. Needless to say, I don't get much done. If it weren't for my mom being willing to hold her so she can watch while I cook dinner, I wouldn't be able to cook at all.
More teeth are making their way into her mouth because she has been waking up every 3 hours or so crying. Poor baby has always had a hard time teething.
Life is interesting and getting more and more fun and crazy with each day. We are loving playing with the little squeaker but can get tired of her really quick too, especially when she is ornery. I think every parent feels that way. We are hunkering down trying to get through the rest of the winter so we can go outside and play to burn off all our pent up energy. I can't believe that in a few months Lydia will be 1, Gregory will be graduated and we will be leaving Utah and setting up our home in Texas. It's all coming way too fast and not fast enough. This is going to be a big few months.
2 comments:
Crazy girl! It's weird to think that Lydia and Sienna are the same age because they are so different from each other. By the way, have you looked at a milestone chart lately? 'Cause you're dealing with a 14-month-old. :P
Just be grateful that she's squirting the rubber ducky in the tub. It's a joy when they bring their squirt toys out of the tub and you forget to drain them, only to have the kid soak you, or the couch, or themselves after they are already ready for bed...
I know it's hard when you don't get much free time. The clingy stage is extremely difficult, but in a strange way you miss it when it's gone (kind of). Kennedy tries to take the kids for a walk for an hour each evening so I can get some free time. If it's too cold outside, he takes them to the mall. Hang in there!
Post a Comment