Thursday, May 26, 2011

Easter Sunday

We had a fabulous Easter Sunday! We got up early and went to Taylorsville to go to church with Marta and Ed.  While Lydia did pretty well for most of Sacrament meeting, there still came a point when she was ready to get out!  Marta was the first volunteer to take her.  She walked the halls with her for a while until she got a dirty diaper and sent a fellow member in to let me know.  I took out a diaper and the wipes and cleaned her up then Marta played with her again.  After Sacrament we went to their house for some games and lunch.  We successfully put Lydia down for a nap and I helped get lunch ready.  I love dinners with Marta because her food is excellent.  She has taught me some great Chilean cooking and recipes that I have been able to duplicate.  It was such fun but so sad to think that this will be the last meal and time spent with them for a while.  They all had lots of fun with Lydia and she with them.  Mostly I think Lydia had a great time with Daisy!  That little dog gets her all sorts of excited.

Our new Easter clothes!  Gregory got a new suit for his graduation and was excited to wear it for Easter and Lydia had gotten an Easter dress from Marta so I was feeling a little left out.  Marta took me shopping on Sat night and we found the skirt and shirt on sale.  I love it and felt like a million bucks that Easter!

The boys!

Our little family!

 She loved putting the plastic eggs in her mouth until she got one apart and couldn't get the egg out of her mouth.  It was then that I banned all plastic eggs from her.

 "Ohh...pretty socks!"

"For me??  Really?"

This was her pleading look for someone to open some wrapped candy for her.

The star of our lunch!

This is a better view of her Easter dress.  We LOVE it!  Thank you so much Marta.

"I can do it mommy."

What can I say....she's a Wager!

Daddy teaching her to ride her motorcycle.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

You guys like great in you Sunday Easter best!

Heidi said...

You look like a million bucks, too. :)