Look at all this beautiful produce!!!
Saturday, July 30, 2011
Bountiful Basket
I signed up a few weeks ago to do what's called Bountiful Basket. It's a co-op sharing of local farmers fruits and vegetables so the produce is fresh, good quality, and really good. I have slowly started a transition to feeding my family fresh, good quality foods. I have done my research and have not found good things to say about the food industry. There is a reason that there are so many more diseases on the earth today. But being a wife and mother, I do know that changes like that don't come quickly. When I found this co-op, I jumped on it. I pay about $20 and get a small laundry basket's worth of fresh produce every Saturday morning. I go pick it up and I don't know what it is that I'm going to get until I get there, but we have noticed a difference in the produce. It's much better quality, and it's kind of fun to be surprised with my produce every week. I know that the same company does it in Utah that does it here in Texas so I strongly encourage people to sign up. You would think that the regular produce you buy in the grocery store would be fine, but if you do a little research you will find that there are chemicals all over them and are NOT washed off. That means when you eat the produce, you are eating the pesticides that are left. Pesticides used to be very helpful, but they are just plan dangerous now. So to get off my soap box I will tell you this.....BUY ORGANIC whenever you can. You will notice a difference and your body will be grateful. The changes won't be immediate, but down the road, you might be incredibly grateful you did.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I have actually thought about doing Bountiful Basket, too, but I haven't yet. I think I'll start, though, thanks to your praising nudge! :)
Woo hoo, I signed up for this Saturday's Bountiful Basket. Do you pay the extra money for the guaranteed organic produce, or do you get the "regular" produce? I ordered me some of the Honey Whole Wheat bread, too. I'm so excited to pick it up!
Post a Comment