Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Growing Little Girl

Lydia just amazes us with how quickly she learns and understands.  She can actually speak a few FULL sentences.  Yes you heard that right FULL sentences.  Myself, Gregory, and his parents all heard her speak a full sentence so I'm not just being biased here.  It's still a bit mumbled like most kids her age (15 months) but she is learning so fast I can hardly believe it.

Words she can say:
Thank you
Tickle Tickle
Welcome (as is you're welcome)
Mama (or dada, we figured out both words mean me)
Daddy
Book
Seat
Oh man
Oh no
Cookie
Please
Chip
No (although she never says this one a lot.  I guess that's because I don't say it too often to her.  I usually tell her that what she is doing is not good for babies and take her somewhere else or tell her what she is playing with is not for babies and give her something else to play with.  It's worked out really nice. And she is usually just fine with it)

She is so funny and will start jabbering to you and you know she is saying something even though you can't understand what she is saying.

She is very energetic and loves to play and read books.  She already has a favorite book, Goodnight Moon.

She will give out kisses when we ask for them usually.  Most of the time she will just give them out because she feels like it.

She is starting to become a picky eater.  Things she used to love she won't touch now and she is very selective about eating.  It's been a chore to get her to eat at all sometimes but she has been like that most of her life so I'm not too concerned about how much she is eating. 

She is very playful and such a tease.  She has that teasing quality that her dad does and she has always used it to her advantage and does so now more than ever.  When she wants attention she will grab something she knows she is not supposed to have and then give you a look with a sparkle in her eye that screams "come and get me!"  She gives up the item easily after a little chase and squealing and then we start playing.  Such a little charmer that one!

She LOVES to dance.  On Saturday we played music most the day and just danced and danced.  She was right there dancing along with us and would still dance when we would stop for something.  That was a great day!  Anytime music comes on she will start to dance.  Now she also knows how to tell us she wants the music turned on and does it at least two three times a day.

Last night she was on our bed and grabbed a flashlight nearby and started talking into it.  I don't know if she was pretending it was a microphone or something else but it was so dang cute!


She is getting so tall.  When we went in to get her 15 month check up she was in the 99th percentile in height and 30th in weight.  He was a little concerned about her weight but I told him that she had actually gained a little weight since she has always been in the 25th percentile in weight and 90th in height.  Never the less he wants me to start giving her a high caloric Pedia Sure drink to make sure that it is just her and not a failing to thrive issue.  We'll do it but I'm not concerned at all.  She looks healthy and I'm sure it's just because she's a new patient to him and he didn't get to see her "almost boring" (as our other Dr called it) consistency in her growth.

She is so sweet and always like to give love to people.  She does like to go places but is always glad when we come home.  She also likes to play with other kids but can only handle so much before she is ready to be at home with just us again.

Words can't describe how much I love my little squeaker!  Even though she is very trying at times, neither of us would give her up for the world.  I'm sure most mothers know exactly what I am talking about.  Life is great where we are, and we are excited to be in it.

4 comments:

Heidi said...

It is so fun to see all of your videos and pictures!

Lisa said...

OH. MY. GOSH!! Totally LOVE that video!!!! She has so much personality, I love it!

Familia Sepúlveda Acuña said...

ella es una artista...le gusta bailar...cantar...besitos para ella...

Krystal said...

Ahhhh sooooo adorable!!!!!!!!!!!! My cute little Lydia...