Thursday, October 13, 2011

We've Picked a Name!

After mulling over names for a while, we came up with a list just like we did when trying to decide with Lydia.  I was already tired of names after a couple weeks and didn't care anymore.  Kelvin seemed to fair better in that regard.  With Lydia we had 2 different names and finally I think it was a couple hours after she was born we chose one.  I thought we would be the same with this little guy because I have decided I like to see my baby before I name them.  Everything was getting a little stressful for me in the name department but Kelvin really wanted to have a name long before the baby came and I could completely understand his point. 

So after narrowing the list down to 2 names, we decided on Jason Leroy Bailey.  Kelvin REALLY likes the name Jason and loves the fact that it's Greek (Lydia is also Greek).  For those who don't know, he kind of has a small obsession with Greek mythology and stories.  Okay, maybe it's not an obsession, but he loves things that are Greek (except the food oddly enough). 

Leroy is Kelvin's Great Grandfather's name and was more like a father to Kelvin's father.  He is a very special man to the Bailey's and after learning more about him, I thought it was appropriate.  We want our children's names to have meaning not be just a cute name.  Lydia is named after my mother and now Jason will be named after his Great Great Grandfather.  I thought it was interesting that we kept coming back to that name even without knowing the history behind the man.  We knew a little bit but learned more when we announced the name.  For some reason it kept sticking in our minds even when I had turned it down once before.  I'm not saying it was inspiration or anything just that from what I have learned about this man, I hope my son can be like him and am excited to have a good strong name passed on. 

Needless to say, we have already done a little shopping for Jason.  Both of us are VERY excited and waiting in anticipation for our little one to come.  Me especially because I can already tell that this baby is a lot bigger than Lydia was (and she was really big for me).  He is strong and I am starting to get worried that he will break one of my ribs or something in a few months when he is 3 or 4 times the size he is now.  It's definitely the Bailey's genes coming through on their birth size. 

Kelvin got both of these on his birthday.  He chose the one on the left and got the one on the right as a surprise.  He loves them both.  He will hold the little onsie's up to his face and get the sweetest expression.  he is very excited to be a daddy again.

I got to chose this one.

And my mom sent up Kelvin's birthday present (thank you mom) and along with it sent these onsie's!  ADORABLE!!  I love them!

So we will keep you updated about the progress with this baby and hopefully all the complications will not be an issue or work themselves out.  But no matter what happens, Jason Leroy Bailey is going to be very loved!

5 comments:

Heidi said...

So here's what I had to say about the name "Jason" when I left you that voicemail that you never returned! (I'm saying this with all smiles, of course. :P) ... When I thought Ellie was going to be a boy, the name I liked the best was Jason! Only I was probably going to spell it Jayson because my grandpa's name was Jay and I figured that would kinda help distinguish him from all of the other Jason Johnsons out there. But, of course, Ellie ended up being a girl and so we didn't name her Jayson. :)

I really like "Jason Leroy Bailey"! Love it, actually. :)

Just Jen said...

I think you should name him Jennifer Jason Leroy. The kids will make fun of him at school, but he'll know who his favorite aunt is! He'll grow to appreciate it, I'm sure.

Lisa said...

I really love the name too despite the "open mouth, insert foot" moment the other night. Granddaddy Lindsey is a special guy and what an honor for your son to have his name. And I love Jason because of those same Greek books as my brother. ;) I'm excited to meet my little nephew Jason Leroy!!!

Mari said...

We are delighted with the new little guy coming to our family soon. Papa can not stop talking about the name...What a special name.
Nana and Papa

Familia Sepúlveda Acuña said...

que linda ropita para tan esperado bebe...esperamos pronto tenerlo entre nosotros....