Thursday, October 13, 2011

Birthday Fun!

Kelvin was SOOO excited about being in Texas for his birthday!  It seemed the only thing he could talk about for a while.  I guess since it's been 8 years since he's been with his family on his birthday, he was entitled to make this a pretty special one.  He went to work but took a half day and was home about 12:30.  After a little discussion about what to do that afternoon until the party that night, we opted to just go to his parents house early.  We got there about 2 and had a great time relaxing, talking and Lydia LOVED getting to spend the entire afternoon outside (it's finally cool enough to be outside).  We had a great dinner of Hamburgers (poor guy never gets these unless we go out or to someones house, I just don't make a lot of red meat) which he loved and of course his favorite, his mom's cherry cheesecake.  Next came presents and fun with the kiddos.  When we got home, Lydia was so exhausted from such a fun filled day that she went right to sleep and we watched his new movie Thor!  I must say that it was the best super hero movie I've seen.  It was so well done and most of the credit should go to the director.  He knew how to pull it off so that even I liked it. 

Kelvin had a great birthday and got really spoiled.  He was one happy and exhausted little boy at the end of the day!

Lydia started getting excited when she saw that Daddy was so excited.

Happy Birthday Daddy!

Birthday Feast!

Not quite sure about the candle blowing thing yet.

20 week pregnancy pic.  It's not at a very good angle so you can't see how big I really am, but it gives you an idea.  I will post another pregnancy pic soon because in the last 2 weeks I have already grown out of some of my clothes.

Yay for gift cards!

And what's a birthday without legos.

Not sure about the face in this picture, but he liked the clothes he got as well.

2 comments:

Heidi said...

Okay...
1. That first picture of Lydia is especially cute!

2. Isn't "Thor" awesome?!? 'Course, it helps that it's Norwegian stuff. :P

3. You look so cute!!

4. HAPPY BIRTHDAY [again], KELVIN! :D

Mari said...

What a great Birthday!!! We are so grateful that we were part of it since you are in Texas now. We love you all so much.