We are SO excited to announce that our newest child coming in Feb will be a boy. Kelvin was grinning from ear to ear all throughout the appointment after we found out the gender. I asked the technician to check twice to make sure I wasn't make believing what I had just heard. She did, and he is surely a boy! He was already being a little stinker during the ultrasound though. After they checked the gender, she went to check his lips and he had his hands covering his face. She went on and checked a few other things and then came back, but he was still covering his face. She told him she was sorry she looked at his man parts but he still refused to move. After some shaking of my belly he moved his hands and she got what she needed. Then she went to take some pictures to confirm his gender and the little stinker had his hand covering himself! She finally got an angle to take the picture and his hand is still there. What a silly little boy! After the ultrasound we had a regular appointment with the Dr. (We actually did the ultrasound at the Dr's office, very convenient.) We found out that he was doing great but there are a couple concerns.
1. The placenta is low and slightly covering the cervix. She said that most of the time this will correct itself but we have to do another ultrasound at 28 weeks to make sure that everything is still looking okay and if it hasn't changed at that point then another at 32 weeks. She said that luckily the placenta, while being low, was facing my back so she shouldn't have to cut through it when they do the c-section. (If the problem doesn't correct itself, it's means for a mandatory c-section anyway.)
2. The baby is measuring big....and I mean BIG! He is already in the 92% and the Dr thinks that he will be as big as his daddy was at birth if not bigger (9lbs 8oz). Because he is so big, they will check his weight again at the 28 week ultrasound and possibly check it again at 32 weeks. At first she was really worried when she was telling us this because she looked at me and said "I don't think you can deliver a baby that big." But then we reminded her we were having a c-section anyway. She was relieved at the reminder and said that at this point she would be talking me out of having a vaginal birth if I had still wanted to try one.
Everything else with the baby looks really good though and we are very happy about that. There is another issue with me though. I told the Dr that I have been getting really fatigued after a small workout. I will be wiped out for almost 3 days for doing light weights for 30 min. She said I could just be doing too much for me and that I might just get more tired after working out. Then I told her that about a week ago I was in bed and woke up to my chest hurting and a sharp pain shooting down my left arm for about 15 sec. She was not happy about that and told me that that is not normal and I need to see a cardiologist right away. She even then told me that that extreme fatigue could also be related to the one incident I have had. If it happens again I have to go straight to the ER so I'm hoping it was a one time thing. She did tell us that there is a chance that it could just be a bad case of heartburn that got acid up to my heart one night and that is what we are hoping for, but I still have to get checked out anyway. It scared Kelvin a little with how serious it sounded, but we talked about it and don't feel like it's anything major. Even if something is wrong and it wasn't heartburn, I think it would be something that we could work through pretty easily. Yet another reason for the c-section. I have to say I am very happy about the c-section now. I was almost rethinking it and wondering if I should try to do this one naturally again, but after all these issues, it wouldn't be safe. I can't tell you how grateful I am for modern medicine.
Now we get to prepare and get all sorts of cute little baby boy clothes. I can't wait to hold another little one in my arms and am very excited to actually enjoy my child the first few days of their life. We are very blessed!
3 comments:
It has been too long since I read your blog! It looks like you are doing great though. Aaron and I are really excited for your new baby boy and pray all will go well!
Congratulations! Boys are so fun...dinosaurs, trucks, cars, etc. Funny, my placenta is low too. I'm going in next week to have it checked out. I agree with being grateful for modern medicine and doctors. Good luck with the rest of your pregnancy.
Congrats! So fun to have 1 of each now! Boys are so fun and playful. Good luck with the big baby thing--no fun!
Post a Comment