Sunday, September 25, 2011

Lydia Loves the Primary Program

Today was our wards primary program and since I am in the primary I was obviously on stage with the other children.  Lydia was throwing a fit so Kelvin had to take her out during the Sacrament.  I brought him all our stuff because I didn't think that they would make it back in for the program and I wouldn't be there to watch it.  Once I got on stage the the program begun and after the first class did their presentation we sang "Scripture Power".  Right after the song I heard a child loudly say "YAY" and start clapping their hands.  I just laughed and looked around for Kelvin and Lydia because I KNEW it was her.  She does that all the time whenever we sing fun songs or when I would take her into primary when we were walking the halls a few months ago before she went into nursery.  She did it with a few of the songs and my heart melted.  She loves music and can't wait to grow up and be like the big kids.

After the program and every dispersed to their own classes Kelvin confirmed that it was indeed Lydia and that everyone around them was just tickled pink from her reaction to the songs and kids.  When I got to the primary room, one of the lady's from the ward got up and told the kids that during the program there was a little girl in back being held by her daddy who payed very close attention when the kids got up and spoke their parts and then after the songs would yell "YAY" and then clap her hands.  She went on to tell them that even though they are small they are still being an example and this little girl's daddy had to hold her pretty tight because she wanted to run up to the stage and join the other kids.  I almost cried at that  point.  I was so proud of both the primary kids and my baby girl.  Granted there were a few times throughout the day that I almost burst into tears.  Call it hormones or the spirit, either way it can get a little embarrassing tearing up at little things. 

While we do have a very strong willed daughter, I am grateful for every moment we have with her.  Kids these days have to have strong spirits I think to face the world in front of them.  We are so blessed to have her in our lives and also to have another little child joining us.

No comments: