We have had such a great last few days. Nothing in particular has happened, it just been the little things that have made us happy. Yesterday morning Lydia grabbed her shoes and handed them to me which meant that she wanted to go play outside. I was fine with this since I had actually gotten up a little early and was completely ready before she woke up. So we went to a little open space they have right by our building in the complex. We ran around and she splashed in the little pond they had and then ran to a large potted plant and got her hands filthy and then ran back to the pond to splash some more. She was having such a good time and squealing with delight that all I did was laugh. I know that she was getting soaked and filthy, but you know, kids wash off and I can put her clothes in the laundry and she was SO happy that it made my day to see her so care free. She also practiced going up and down stairs without my help on the sidewalk and did so well. She is such an independent child that I try to let her do as many things as she can by herself. I know she appreciates it even though it can try my patience sometimes.
Later when Kelvin came home from work, Lydia and he played and played. She was very happy to have him home to climb all over because she had been trying to climb all over me during the day but it wasn't working well. I don't think she understood that I am not as limber with a large tummy poking out but she tried her darnedest. She even took a 3 hour nap for me and I was able to get some stuff done. After her bath, we were playing music in our bedroom and all three of us were just dancing around and having a great time. We all love music and dancing. Lydia has been very fond of music since she was born and loves having it on and making her own music in a variety of ways. She is also a pretty good dancer and loves it when daddy picks her up and swings her around while dancing with her.
When Lydia went to bed we were listening to some music we didn't have and were thinking about buying when a particular song came on. It's called "You're Gonna Miss This" by Trace Adkins. It basically talks about how we sometimes can't wait for the next stage in life only to look back and realize that we miss the things we had before and wish we would have cherished them a little longer. I had been looking back at our blog getting pictures from the years we lost when Lydia broke our hard drive earlier that day and realized that the song is really true. Kelvin and I talked about it for a while and decided to stop hoping some things happen so fast. Being a parent isn't easy but Lydia will only be this age and way once, not to mention time is ticking when we only have one child in our family. It was such a great ending to a day where I really felt like we grabbed onto every moment and cherished it. When we look back, it won't matter that we didn't have fancy things or a nice house. All we will remember are the memories we made, and that is what we will cherish forever!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment