Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Bailey's 30th Anniversary

Kelvin and Maritza celebrated their 30th anniversary this month and so the kids put on a little surprise party for them.  It was lots of fun and people stopped by to say hi and celebrate with them.  I wish I had more pictures but I forgot my camera at the party.  Anyway, I honed my cake decorating skills and put them to a new level when I decided to make the cake for the party.  It was a fantastic carrot cake with cream cheese frosting and tasted fabulous.  I was really excited about how it turned out especially since this was the first time I had tried to do the little flowers.  It was surprising to me how little time it took.  I was expecting hour and hours of work, but I got the hang of things pretty quickly and it only took me about 2 hours total.  They were pretty impressed and everyone thought it was from a bakery.  When they found out that I was the one who made the cake, I got a lot of compliments.  I must say, I am pretty proud of my work and how it turned out.  This has opened up a lot of fun ideas for me and I am getting excited about fine tuning my skills and having some fun cakes down the road.


2 comments:

Lisa said...

The cake was both beautiful and yuummy!

Familia Sepúlveda Acuña said...

muy linda torta.....