Then we decided to go to the Frisco Science Discovery Center. We had heard that it was a lot of fun and thought we would check it out. I guess it was the wrong day to go (the Friday of Spring Break) because there were SO many people there is was hard to do anything she wanted. It was a cool place but not worth what we paid to get in (again probably because it was so packed). We did have fun though and Lydia liked being able to touch and play with anything she wanted.
Her daddy was so proud to see her engineer makings in the works.
This was her favorite thing, she would put the balls on the wooden slide and they would hit those small metal medallion type things and make chiming noises. She spent a lot of time here.
On Saturday I decided to celebrate her birthday with her first friend party because she was now old enough to enjoy being with her friends. I invited a few people from our ward with kids around her age for a couple hours in the park on Saturday afternoon. I thought that was the best idea of a party for her. She loves being with kids and running around so it was the best of both worlds. I told all the mom's not to worry about presents because she really doesn't need more stuff and the point was just to get out with friends and have a good time. There were a few sweet people though that still brought her a gift and she did enjoy opening them and playing with them.
She wouldn't leave Kelvin alone until he went down the slide.
It's cake time! I forgot to bring the candle for her to blow out so we just sang to her.
Her first play doh set!
She also got a snow white barbie that she loved to spin around. Even though she's a little tom boy, she is still a little girl!
Here is her modeling her birthday shirt. My family tradition growing up was that on your birthday morning you were woken up by the family singing Happy Birthday and got to open your first present, a new shirt to wear. So here is her new birthday shirt.
1 comment:
Oh I'm sad you didn't like the Sci-Tech museum. It really is a fun place! You just went on a bad day, we've always gone when no one is there and have had a blast. Sorry!!
Post a Comment