This is what our porch looked like after the hail.
Thursday, April 19, 2012
Tornado Valley!
That's what it felt like a couple weeks ago here in Texas. We had a HUGE storm with lots of tornado's. I was home while Kelvin was at work when I turned on the news after I put Lydia down for her nap. It was then that I found out the storm brewing outside was a little more than just rain. I sat nervous for a while listening to the rain and the news commentators. While I was watching pictures of tornados landing near Kelvin's work place I called worried because our little town was directly in the path of the warnings. He told me what to do so I started to put things in the bathroom in case I needed to grab the kids and head for cover soon. He couldn't talk much because the plant was being evacuated into tornado safe shelters. I let him go and sat glued to the TV. Then I started to hear a very loud noise and realized that it was hailing. When I took a peak outside, it was the size of a golf ball!!! The blinds were closed to prevent any glass from coming in the hose whether from the tornado or the hail. Kelvin tried to call when he got out of his safe area once the storm had passed him but couldn't get a hold of me. After a little while he got nervous and called his dad to go get me. His dad finally got a hold of me and told me to get my bags ready because he was coming. I did so not really wanting to leave but knowing that I probably should. When he got there and just as we were about ready to leave the apt, a tornado hit a mile or two just north of us. We were driving down the highway watching the sky turn green and knowing that another one could hit any minute. Kelvin's dad was of course cool and calm and not worried about a thing but I will admit I was a little nervous. We spent the rest of the afternoon at their house and Kelvin came an picked us up after he got off work. It was crazy and there was a lot of damage to places but we were lucky that we didn't have much damage. Our van was even thankfully parked in our covered parking so it didn't sustain any hail damage and the hail didn't make it to Kelvin's work.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Holy cow! A mile from your house is not very far. I am glad that nothing more than a little DENTED CEMENT is all that happened to you.
Post a Comment