Saturday, July 21, 2012

Matt's Graduation

One HUGE factor to us making a trip to Utah when we did was my little brothers high school graduation.  Kelvin made it to Utah on Friday evening a few days before Matt graduated.  Which happened to be the same time my cousin and her family came to visit Utah and were staying at my parents house.  Her parents also happened to be in town and so I got to spend time with some Aunts and Uncles I haven't seen in a while and also with one of my favorite cousins.  It was just a coincidence that Erin and Tom were going to Utah the same time we did, but it was a very happy coincidence.  We had some good fun with them around.

The day after they left though was my baby brother's graduation.  I just can't believe that he is graduated from High School.  I will admit that I cried at the ceremony.  He's my baby brother and I'm so proud of him. I have no doubt in my mind that he will go on to do great things in this world.  I also am very confident that his mission will make him a stronger person and bring amazing changes to his life.  My brother is one of those amazing young men that we hear about in Conference.  He is always willing to serve, gives his all to his calling, is very concerned with others, can communicate in a very efficient way and is a peacemaker.  I love him so much and can't think of what life would be like without my "babe" in my life.  We have always been close even when I got married and I love that Kelvin is close to him as well.  I love that we still hang out too.  One morning he, Lydia and myself went to a fundraiser breakfast the Pleasant Grove firemen were having.  It was just the three of us while Jason was sleeping but we had a good time being together. Maybe now that he's graduated we can convince him to come to Texas and work at Lockheed. ;)

After all the graduates had walked in.

Crossing the stage.  I was tearing up at this point.


It's now official!!!

Their last child graduated.  My poor dad had to come straight from work so he wan't dressed up.

SOOO glad we were there for the big event!


Oh yeah!!  I'm a free man!

And this is why I love him so much!!  He came home and played with my babies.  What a sweetheart!  He is truly one of a kind.  He took lots of pride in the fact that he was the only one who could get Lydia to go to sleep when we were in Utah.  Those kiddos love him so much!

We love you so much Matt!!  I thank my Heavenly Father that I get to be your big sister.  And what would Lydia and Jason do without an Uncle like you!  You are the best and we are so proud of you!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

He looks so grown up!! Congrats Matt!!