We potty trained her the week Matt came and she did AWESOME!! She got it in half a day. I didn't want to train her yet because I know my child and knew that she would end up getting bored with it and would chose to play rather than stop to go to the bathroom. After a couple days that's just what happened. She wanted to play rather than stop so we were cleaning up a few accidents for a couple of days. It was only bad a couple of times but more annoying because she knew how to do it, she just didn't want to. But after a week of her hating having wet underwear all the time, she has been just fine. No accidents since those few days and she is getting tons better at giving me advance notice so she can hold it for a little bit if we aren't right next to a bathroom.
She LOVES the zoo!!! Especially the alligators and the komodo dragons. She has loved the alligators since we moved here and talks about them all the time. She tells me how she wants to go swimming with them. She also loves seeing the lions, tigers, leopard, and komodo dragons. Luckily we have a family pass to the zoo and go about once a week sometimes twice. It is really a pretty good zoo for a small town.
She is so sweet and loving. While she does run around and make a lot of noise and mess, she is such a sweet girl giving me lots of hugs and kisses and telling me she loves me out of the blue. We have a fun little banter we do where I will tell her "I love you" and she will say "I love you" back. Then I will say "I love you more" and she will say "I love you more" back. Finally I will say "I love you most" and she will again say "I love you most" back to me with lots of hugs and kisses. I love my little girl. We have lots of quiet moments together when I sit and hold her and we will talk about the movie she is watching or a toy she has. I can tell she really responds well to that quiet time together and I love and cherish those moments.
Lydia is not a huge fan of sugar. Most kids want sugar all the time but she really doesn't. Sometimes when I offer her a cookie she will tell me she doesn't want it. She loves her fruit though. Strawberries are her favorite and she has just recently discovered oranges and loves those! Funny thing, when I was pregnant with her, I could not eat enough oranges. I would eat a giant costco size bag in 3-4 days. They were my one craving with her.
My adorable baby girl! She is growing up so fast I can't believe it. She is wearing a dress that her Nana gave to her last year but didn't fit until this year, but has become a favorite of hers.
The roof on our apartment was being replaced and she was facinated by the tools and shingles they were taking up the ladder.
She has started the dancing and singing everywhere you go phase and I love it!
Unfortunatly this is the only picture we got of Matt while he was here.
1 comment:
lydia se ve hermosa con su vestido y esa hermosa flor en su pelito...
Post a Comment