Monday, October 15, 2012

Science Fun!

I've been trying to find things to do with Lydia that will excite her little mind.  I've wanted to do crafts but she has a very short attention span and will only color for about 2 minutes and I mean only 2 min!!!  That girl is very busy so it's been hard to find anything to do.  But last month I was on pinterest and found a great activity that would definitly keep her little mind entertained.  Sure enough it kept her busy for about 30 min which is amazing!  I knew we had found a win/win situation here. 

Simply sprinkle a cake pan with baking soda and then color vinegar with food colors and let them play!  The pin said that you should use a dropper, but I didn't have one so I used a basting brush which worked well.
 
Making all sorts of shapes in the pan.

 Sha had a blast and loved watching it all fiz up and the colors mix together.
 
One of the other projects we were able to do was to make a card for my mom.  She loved tracing her hands to make a flower bouqet!  My mom loved it.
 


2 comments:

Lisa said...

SO FUN!!! Yay for fun ideas, they save us!

Heidi said...

It is so fun reading all of your posts! I will have to try this activity with my girls, too--they will love it! :D