Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Kerry's Wedding

One of Kelvin's friends in the OLDP program was getting married Oct 19th and we were invited to the ceremony and reception.  Since Kelvin has Friday's off it made it possible to drive to Dallas on Friday so we could come home on Sat afternoon.  We have to be home for our Sunday church callings so we can't stay longer than Saturday afternoon.  We really don't like to make such quick trips because the drive costs money and is hard on the kids.  It's a 3 1/2 hour drive and that's hard for 2 young kids to sit that long in a car.  We have been cutting back on the number of times we go because it's getting too expensive and hard for us.  But Kerry is such a sweet girl that we made sure we would be there for her wedding. 

It was a pretty small and intimate affair so we felt pretty honored that we recieved an invitation.  They were married in her mom's backyard and it was gorgeous.  We came in the house and got a drink and then headed outside to take our seats.  We chatted with some other people we knew, Sarah and Rene, who will be getting married in Dec (which we are also invited to)! 

I love weddings!  Almost any wedding I attend, there is a sweet spirit there.  I always seem to cry.  This one was no exception.  But I have to say, there was a moment at this wedding that was incredible.  Kerry has a little 5 year old girl and when Manny said his vows and they kissed as husband and wife, the preacher stopped and said that Manny has another vow to make.  Manny then brought Kerry's little girl in front of him and took her sweet little hand and make a vow to her.  He promised to love and cherish her as her father forever.  He then gave her a necklace as a token of his love.  I lost it!!!  I had never seen such a moment at a wedding before.  In that moment I knew that Kerry had married a good man.  It was so tender!


No comments: