Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Living Room Campout

Jason started waking up in the night a lot and since he is in our room, he would see us as son as he stood up.  This made it necessary to pick him up for him to go back to sleep.  After a week of this both Kelvin and I agreed that it had to stop.  So we did what we had to.


We camped out in the living room.  It was actually a lot of fun and we kept the mattress there for a few days so Lydia was having a blast with it there too.  It only took a couple nights and he stopped waking up.  I don't like to let my babies sit and cry but sometimes it is necessary to teach them.  Granted, my babies sitting and crying is the equivilant of about 5-10 min tops (I don't let it go longer than that), but it is long enough I think to let them understand that night-time is for sleeping but mommy is still right here.  It's worked REALLY well for both our kids.  Jason never even cried for longer than 2 min before he went right back to sleep.  It's hard as a parent to let your kids cry sometimes, but if you don't teach them to sooth themselves back to sleep, how will they ever learn?

No comments: