The drive to get home from Dallas is beautiful!! There are large trees on both sides of us for the last hour and a half of the drive. I love to watch the scenery as we come in. This particular drive back was special because it was the first time I have seen the leaves change color. Fall is my favorite time of year because of the crispness in the air and the beautiful trees. I would take multiple drives up the mountains in Utah just to wonder at the sight. Here is Texas, the season is not quite the same. It's almost the middle of December and most days you could venture out in shorts and be just fine. The trees also do not change the same time. It's normal in Utah for the trees to change in September but here, it was about Thanksgiving time. I'm trying to get used to it but I think I might always miss that little bit of Utah.
This is the first half of the trip...
And this is the last.
Red is my favorite!!!
I love the stark contrast between the colors.
Isn't it gorgeous!!!
3 comments:
When we drove out to Tyler for the viewing last week I thought the same thing, how beautiful the fall colors are. I miss that in Dallas, just not as many trees. Beautiful!
Hey we are going to be in North Houston for Christmas with Mark's family. So if you guys are around and not out of town it would be fun to get together. There will be tons of kids and Mark's parent's house and they always put on a big Nativity and caroling production for Christmas Eve if you were around for that. They are in Spring, near the Houston Temple so let me know if you will be in town and want to get together.
recuerdo esos maravillosos paisajes de texas...
Post a Comment