This year for Halloween we weren't sure what to do, so we decided to have a party. Just some friends and food and games. As we were thinking of costumes and knowing our time and monetary limitations, I went with my costume last year which was Link from the game Zelda (pretty awesome costume), and Emilee went with politics! She was an undecided voter. One side was the Obama supporter and the other a McCain supporter. And which ever side the candidate was on was a few quotes or stupid things each candidate had said (and some added funny things she put on). Pretty clever if you ask me. She got quite a few comments at work. Most people liked the costume and thought it was creative. But some got really upset about it and she even had a couple people lecture her on the evils of a certain candidate. Come on people, it was just a costume!!! The front side signs for Obama: Socialism Rocks!!!, Terrorists are our friends, 95% of Americans will get a tax cut......even though only 70% pay taxes, If you need a home, go see Resco. He has the best deals., and my favorite "I've been to 57 states with only 1 left to go." McCain was on the back side and those signs said: The economy is strong......as long as you haven't invested your money, I'm in favor of the bailout...I have 9 mortgages, Washington is a Hollywood for ugly people. Hollywood is a Washington for the simple minded., Presidential ambition is a disease that can only be cured by embalming fluid.
The party was a lot of fun and it lasted until 2 in the morning. Poor Emilee had a test a few hours after eveyone went home and she has been pretty sick this weekend. Needless to say, after the test (which I had to drive her to because she was so tired and sick) she went right to bed and spent the rest of the day there. Today was pretty much the same story, but she has been feeling a bit better this evening so there is hope for tomorrow. Which is a good thing since she has to work full time now.
The costume that created laughs and controversy.


Here is a picture of the group. We originally invited about 6 couples, but since we only decided to do it a couple of days before Halloween, most had plans already. But we really enjoyed ourselves.
2 comments:
Yay! Life makes sense again now that I can make comments on your blog. I want Emilee to come to my class and wear that costume! I would LOVE to see everyone get LIVID!!! Good idea and very creative. Gregory, you look good as always.
I didn't know that's what you dressed up as for Halloween! That's awesome and I love it!!
Post a Comment