Friday, May 22, 2009

First week in Texas and Presents from Chile

So after the apartment fiasco, I was on the phone for almost a straight day trying to find another place. Kelvin was put on a 4/10 schedule which is working 10 hours a day 4 days a week, which means he has to be into work earlier. With an hour commute, I was getting nervous we wouldn't find another place and he would have a miserable summer. Then I called one place and they had an opening for a 2 month lease for a good price. I was so excited. I told them I would call them back after I talked to Kelvin. I tried for 2 days straight to call them back and all I got was the answering machine. I left message after message and started to get a little nervous. But yesterday I finally got a hold of them. They still have the apartment for us and it was cheaper than they had originally quoted us! The price apparently changes from day to day, and I called on a good day. I rushed up there to get the application started and today we are going to sign the last of the paper work. The Lord definitely had a hand in this. It is a lot closer than the other apartment was going to be to Kelvin's work, it's cheaper, and it's right by the Zoo and Six Flags! We scored and I am so grateful to have found a place that is a better situation for us.

On another note, for a while I have been having problems with my tooth. Ok, so it's been a year but we never had money to go to a dentist so I sucked it up as the pain would come and go. When we got to Texas, I felt like I had been punched in the jaw everyday and had trouble eating and sleeping. We decided that I just had to go to the dentist because it was getting worse and there could be more problems. I made an appointment and went on Monday. They took x-rays and the dentist said he was not 100% sure of my problem because there was only a small spot on one of my roots, but was pretty sure that was what was causing my pain. We decided to go ahead with the root canal. The funny thing was that it was not the tooth I thought was the problem. It was a tooth that I had had worked on 2 years earlier and had a crown put on. We saved some money there becasue they could reuse the crown which was very helpful. When he got into the root, he said I am now 100% sure that this was the cause of the pain. The root was so inflammed that it wouldn't stop bleeding for a long time. The procedure went really fast though and I felt so much better after it was done. It was amazing to take a drink of room temperature water and not have horrible pain in my mouth. It is still sore and will be for a while but I can handle that.

Now on to the good stuff......

Kelvin's mom got home from Chile last night. She went with Marta and they had a blast! After a long trip home, I thought she would go straight to bed, but of course we all end up talking until 9 at night! Kelvin is such a little boy and kept asking if she brought home a novel in Spanish for him, he was so excited. So she gave us our presents last night. We were so spoiled!


We both got hats for the winter and they were so warm we didn't want to take them off! I also got a scarf with the hat and I am SO excited to wear it this winter.



This is a picture of everything. You can't see things too well, but there was a lot of candy (yum), our hats, Kelvin's book in Spanish (Lord of the the Rings), some jewelry (I got two pairs of earings and he got a couple necklaces and a ring).



The blue one's were from Fabian and Paola and are a rare stone only found in 2 places in the world, one of which is Chile! It's supposed to bring success to the one who wears it. They are so beautiful and I love them! Marta got the purple ones and I am excited about them as well. I am picky about my jewelry and these are both perfect for me. Thank you Fabian, Paola and Marta!



And for the finale, the baby blanket from Mami Ecca! She makes the most beautiful baby blankets and made this one special for us. People want to buy them from her all the time. But they take her so long to make that she is only making them for her grandkids! I can't tell you how happy I was to have this piece of history for our kids made with so much love!



She does it all by hand, and this was a new stitch she tried. It looks really cool!



We are very blessed to have so much wonderful family! We love you all and thank you all for the wonderful gifts. We will cherish them. Os Amamos!!!!

1 comment:

Familia Sepúlveda Acuña said...

Estamos muy felices que reciban nuestro amor a travez de los pequeños presentes que se enviaron, siempre pensamos en uds y les deseamos lo mejor , un abrazo, Margot.