Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Party Time!!

Last night was the night that my family got together to celebrate all the birthdays in May. We did it early in the month so Kelvin and I could be there because we leave for Texas in a week. It was a lot of fun! We had Taco Salad, German Chocolate cake, and apple pie. I love German chocolate cake and Amy wanted the pie so everybody got something they wanted. Below are a ton of pictures. We took more, but I don't think that Nathan can hold still for 2 seconds because most of his were blurry and awful. He had a great time with his presents and as you can see from the pictures below, so did everyone else!


Nathan with his presents. We got him the candy and I think he ate all of it before the night was over. Pretty sure that he had some help from his siblings though!






He got to blow out the candles for the three of us. (It was Nathan, Amy, and my birthday's this month.)



Everyone having fun with his toys!







And of course, what is a night full of boys without a little wrestling!



Rich and Summer



Caught Ya!











The Grandparents.



Dave and Paula



Dan and Amy. They are expecting a little boy in June.



Stephen and Sammie after her wardrobe change from the jello.



I can't believe how big this kid keeps getting!



And of course....us! Sorry that the picture is not very good. We didn't have our camera so we used my parents and we didn't change the settings so the picture was taken too close.



This was my birthday present from my wonderful husband. Lately I have been wanting to play Mario Brothers from the Old School Nintendo. He looked everywhere and found a new console that just came out that plays both the Nintendo and the Super Nintendo games. It's called the Retro Duo and we have LOVED it! We took it to my parents house and my brothers were all sorts of excited. Stephen was the only one who played with Kelvin, but everyone was intently watching. This is Stephen and Kelvin playing Super Mario.



We have had a great weekend. One other funny moment that I have to share was on Sunday night. We went to Marta's for dinner and the Montanares were there as well. We were all talking and having a great time when I walked over to Kelvin and started to play with his hair. He was bending over petting the dog when I look up and see Kelvin walk out of one of the rooms. I then looked down at whose hair I was playing with and it was Felipe!!!! He just got off his mission a few months ago and we had just met that night. I was so embarrassed! Kelvin laughed and laughed and then Felipe turned around and realized it was me who had been playing with his hair, he thought it was Jennifer trying to get his attention. Then of course everyone was in the kitchen and realized my mistake and had a great laugh. In my defense, they both have the same hair and look very similar from behind. They were both wearing white tee shirts that night as well! I tend to do embarrassing things a lot. A few months before Kelvin and I got married, I was at the movies with a bunch of people. I had my arm on the arm rest and was playing with something at the end of the arm rest. I couldn't figure out what it was and when I went to look, I saw the guy sitting next to me looking right at me and my hand was on his knee! What more can I say!

1 comment:

Heidi said...

A couple of things:

1. Tell Dan and Amy congratulations for me!

2. That is still a really cute picture of you two.

3. That is HILARIOUS that you were playing with Felipe's hair! (It makes me not feel so bad about the time that I started rubbing Jeff's back thinking it was Jeremy.) :)